1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Demogorgon Poll

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by 8people, Dec 17, 2004.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I am working on a mod at the moment and would like to get some information on what you guys think of Demogorgon.

This is not about whether you would like the demogorgon harder or easier, however, as I am not working to change demogorgon himself.

I would like you to remember all the times you have fought demogorgon and to summarise all those battles into one statement. I would like to gether as many answers as possible - and if you have any opinions on Demogorgon, such as his abilities or his fondness of summon demons, then please go ahead.

Any input is welcome and will be used.

I hope this wasn't too long to bore people ;)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 40 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Demogorgon Poll (40 votes.)

How do you find the Demogorgon? (Choose 1)
    * He is very Easy - 15% (6)
    * He is quite Easy - 35% (14)
    * He is quite Hard - 35% (14)
    * He is very Hard - 15% (6)

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Right now, Nth time playing, he's very easy. And even the first time through, he struck me as very easy for a big boss and supposedly the toughest enemy in the game. He was said to tear a level 30 party apart in a couple of rounds in the E3 version. My party was a little above level 20 and it tore HIM apart in a couple of rounds.

3. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I agree. The only challenge I found with Demogorgon was the huge memory drain on my old computer. The battle lagged and chunked pretty badly with all those summons and effects. Even the improved demogorgon isn't hard once you know what you're doing.

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Eh, he's not too easy, and he's not too hard. I like him.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've never heard of him.

6. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You have a long way to go before you run into Demogorgon, HB. Just stick to killing drow for now.

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I found him next to impossible first time I fought him. I can remember how many reloads it took. He always got my characters with level drain, and the Marileths really hurt too. After some experience, I finally managed to come up with tactics that make him a lot easier. I still reload a fair bit, but the gnashing of teeth just isnt there.

8. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

He was far too easy, although granted I can't remember what level my party was at the time.

9. Mulsis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I beat him my first time trying him.

Minsc, Jahiera, F/M charname, Keldorn, Aerie and Imoen.

Imoen kept shooting a wand of spell striking, and the 4 fighter kept shugging greater whirlwind attacks.

I found Ytossi and the gang to be much much harder.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Packaged Demogorgon = Easy.
    "Original Demogorgon" = Rather challenging at first, mainly due of the cheats he uses.

When you exclude the battle, you do not really have anything left. What I would had liked to see is that he could had had much stronger hold of WK, perhaps sending demons after you at times (NOT by spamming), casting spells to slow you down, tricking, etc. Now you just move in, mow him down, and move on (basically the same recipe in whole ToB).

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    First of all, how difficult Demogorgon is in part determined by what level of difficulty you set the game to. If you play on "core" rules, the Marileths are little more than a nuisance - on extreme difficulty they hit really, really hard.

As with any battle in this series though, because the computer actions are scripted, the more times you play through it, the more likely you are to perform better. I got owned the first time I went up against him, now I can take him out without losing a single party member.

12. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Depends, sometimes he is very hard (he stun my whole party or charm some of my character), and sometimes he is very easy (I can just hack him to piece).

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've only played through with ToB installed twice and it was a b*tch taking him down both times. I usually went after him with pretty high levels, right before I went into Suldenesselar.

14. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Very easy, since it's so easy to cheese him. But he'd probably go down to a 4-man GWW assault too.

And @Mulsis, isn't it obvious that *I* am the leader of that final seal pack?! :shake:

15. Balor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Eh, he kicked my ass several times, my party were all level 25 or thereabouts:

Jaheira, Minsc, Edwin, Sarevok, Imoen and myself (Calenus lvl 24 priest of Helm, at the time...)

So I just gave up, bargained with him after reading the imprisonment spell, lied to Odren & locked them both in.

16. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I would say the fight was quite hard until you get used to it; however, considering what he is he (and the summoned fiends) should be more powerful. Fiends in general were easier than they should have been throughout the games.

17. Emmanuel Julius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Initially I would have to say that Demogorgon was quite hard, but after playing BGII for so much he has become quite a bit easier (including the Improved Demogorgon from Ascension). Overall though I would have to rank it as one of the better and more fun fights/quests in ToB.

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have only faced the improved (original?) Demogorgon and I found that battle very hard. Really tough to get to him and dish out enough damage in a short enough time without being distracted by various things.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.