1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Coolest encounter

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Nizidramanii'yt, May 6, 2004.

1. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Title speaks for itself. What is the coolest encounter in the game. If a particular one isn't listed, please post it. I'm sorry if this topic has been made in the past. As you can see I'm new in posting.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 84 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Coolest encounter (84 votes.)

Coolest encounter (Choose 1)
    * Irenicus Final Battle on Tree and in Hell - 21% (18)
    * Mysterious Rogue Stone House in Bridge District - 27% (23)
    * Pebblecrusher party - 11% (9)
    * Any of the 3 (or 4) Dragon Encounters - 26% (22)
    * Drizzt party encounter (well, for me it was) - 14% (12)

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I think this would've been better just as a topic, not a poll as everyone has their favorite encounters.

Anyway, mine is the "Guarded Compound" fight. I like it because it's hard for a low level party, but if you have Silence and Confusion you can pretty much prevail. The traps just at your feet add a little spice because you have to disarm them or else your guy is toast.
    This is the first mage-heavy fight I think because were you to take them on with straight melee, you'd chunk really quick.

3. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I guess I should've included that one as well. Anyway, the meaning of the poll was to tell which of the 5 you liked best.

But the guarded compound. Yes, I remember I stumbled in it for the first time. It was a few hours after coming out of the dungeon. I got slaughtered. But hey, the Celestial Fury is cool enough. ;)

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The Irenicus fights. Why? Because he brags and brags and brags and finally fall to the tip of my Wizard-Slayer's sword before being able to cast a single offensive spell.

:evil:

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What, and where exactly is the "Pebblecrusher Party"? That doesn't ring a bell in my head. :confused: :rolling:

6. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Mencar Pebbelcrusher and the group upstairs at the Seven Vales in the Promenade. Or is it the Mithrest? Anyway, one of those two inns right next to where you emerge from Chateau Irenicus.

Pebblecrusher's a dwarf; there's also a mage with Pooky, his familiar, and a few other dudes.

7. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I enjoy the Drizzt encounter. Same with meeting Elminster whenever you do.

The Drow as a total is the best encounter. You're trapped in a city playing a game that could very well lead to your deaths.

8. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

For some reason, I really liked the encounter with Samia's party. Being ambushed from behind in a little corner and forced to fight your way out. :cool:

9. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Yeah, Samia sucks. But cool nontheless. But if you actually fight Drizzt, you'll see it's one of the best encounters in the game.

Afterward, that idiot comes and claims my honestly looted items. I don't remember his name, but I think he is from the IWD books as well. Maybe it was the wizard?

10. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Irenicus battles! Nothing else even comes close. I don't think i have ever played a game with more epic encounters and battles than those with Irenicus in SoA. Untouchable...just untouchable...

11. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I thought the Pebblecrusher fight was in the sewers of the temple district?

12. Rudiger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@Mystra's Chosen,

The group in the sewers are led by trannor hatchetman, or at least he's called something like that, only spelled properly ;)
    They do play like an improved pebblecrusher though.

As to the coolest encounter; Whichever is the most recent one where I had a cunning plan that almost worked but forced me to improvise in order to win with no more than one fatality. (anymore than that and I feel like I didn't get it right)

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Irenicus Battles definitely!!
    Great dialogues, setting, visuals and fight.
    Only the dragon encounters come close (gotta get Adalon next time)

14. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It was rather cool to exchange blows with Bhaal himself.

15. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The ruffians in the copper cornet

16. Terelya Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For me it was the final battle with Irenicus. The music was also good.

17. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Yeah it gives a lot of 'bonus' to the fight itself. Plus, he's a mage, so he should be though.

In fact, he's a wuss, his motto is: 'Save the whales'

18. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I always really like the fight with Tarnor the Hatchetman. I'm not sure why, but that fight is one I remember long after the others have faded. Maybe something about the name - "Tarnor the Hatchetman" sounded really cool.

19. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I haven't played the game that long but at the moment my favorite encounter would be if I could take Arie to the top of a Temple Tower stick her inside the bell and hit it with a war hammer. Remember everytime a bell rings an elf gets her wings. She drives me nuts! :D

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

The "Mysterious Rogue stone one..." though I just call it the Twisted Rune... :p :p :p

It's heaps good, gives you some great XP, AND it gives you :drumroll: Staff of the Magi!!

Plus you get to engage in a battle for your life against a Lich, Beholder, Mage, Vampire and other assorted ne'er-do-wells....what could be cooler than that?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.