1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Coolest BG villain

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by casey, Dec 23, 2003.

1. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

What in your opinions are the best villians in the entire BG series? this is not just the major ones like Irenicus but it can also be the smaller ones like Firekraag.

I vote Irenicus Cause he seems to be the smartest had the most interesting backround IMO and had such great, villainous lines and a great voice actor.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 66 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Coolest BG villain (66 votes.)

Coolest BG villain (Choose 1)
    * Sarevok - 21% (14)
    * Tazok (BGI) - 2% (1)
    * Irenicus - 53% (35)
    * Bodhi - 15% (10)
    * Mellisan - 3% (2)
    * Firekraag - 6% (4)

2. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I agree with you on Irenicus. Although I have Bodhi as a close second.

Sarevok would have been higher in my opinion if we had seen more of him in BG1, à la Irenicus in BG2.

Melissan seems like a thrown-together character; for me, it was really obvious that she wasn't who she claimed she was, and that's a big flaw for a villain.

And even though Tazok and Firkraag don't have the same importance as the others, they are still cooler than Melissan in my opinion.

3. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Easy pick - Irenicus. He was someone that you actually had to think about how you were going to take him down -- not just merely hack and slash away at him. Always one step ahead of you and just as you got close, he took off.

Bodhi might have been better had she been more than Irenicus' "sister". Her taunts and toying with the PC were great but when it came down to actually having to fight her, she's actually quite easy to defeat.

I don't think Melissan was necessarily a thrown-together character. It came as no surprise that she was the villian (the spirit grove tells you that, indirectly), but what I liked about her was trying to figure out her role in the whole thing and see just how far she was going to test your intelligence, as well as your tolerance.

4. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

There are a lot of cool villians in the game. My favorite would probably have to be Irenicus as well however. Its just the fact that he actually inspires emotion in me, everytime I hope Ill just be able to kill him in spell hold, even though i know I wont. It's just really cool. Also the first time around his story was fairly interesting, no?

5. casey Gems: 15/31

I'm curious who did the voice of Irenicus, personally for me he was the best voice actor I've ever heard anywhere bar none! I always listen to his dialogs even now after the 10+ times through the game, that alone makes up for the horrible dungeon in the beggining of the game, when I hear his voice I always find that he does a great job at giving Irenicus the Sinister Villinous effect and yet sounds completely devoid and empty of emotion all at once, ("you will suffer you will all suffer" absouluty brilliant!!!

Also how did everyone kill Irenicus? the easy way by running away and waiting it out? or actually fight him the way the designers intended to in a straight up final battle (tree of life half) the latter way of killing him is actually quite difficult on insane difficulty, even though he was only a shadow of his potential shown at the beggining of the game, and it makes me wish Bioware put as much time into the rest of the ai so it would actually be a challange.

Regarding Mellisan. Considering she is supposedly an almost godlike power by the end of ToB I found her to be very dissapointing her ai didn't hold a candled to Irenicus and that's enough to prove she was rushed in typical expansion pack fashion.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

7. SurfenBoy09 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I also agree with irenicus. One of the best villains ever!!! Though i did feel sorry for him abit after I found he got banished from Sundalensar(sp?)cause Bodhi is the one who corrupted to mess up w/ the Tree of Life.

Any way I'm pretty sure David Warner was the voice actor for irenicus. He did do voice acting for 20 some years nopw in various cartoon and other things so thats why he was probibly did the best acting in the game. He also did a commercial for McDonald's bacon chesse sandwich. Lol it was really wierd listening to him after playing BG2! :D

I thought Mellisan was a challenged in my opion. Thought still sorta weak considering she was almost a god by that time. I have Ascention so that's why I think she was challenge or maybe cause last I beat I didn't play the game for 6 months so I must have been rusty! :cool:

Edit: Opps, I didn't see that last post JSBB made! Yeah now I'm sure he did the voice for him.

8. casey Gems: 15/31

Thats a lot of rolls. I only recognize a few and I saw who played certain voices in BGII, considering how good this guy must be I woulden't be suprised if he could have done all the characters himself.

9. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Gotta go with Sarevok. Is that an awesome avatar he's got or what? Also, the opening movie to BG was quite an awakening to what you were going up against. Then there is the voice acting, some of the best of the series.
    Quote: "Face ME!!! FACE THE NEW LORD OF MURDER!!!"

10. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have to go with Firkraag, because you said coolest or most interesting I forget which, but Irenicus is only a mage. I don't think that a mage is an interesting foe. Now dragons...there's a worthy opponent. ;)

11. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I'm going to go with Irenicus. Its not what his profession is...but the way he speaks, the way he acts...its all really cool.

Have to say he was a welcome break from the usual world domination freaks you have to fight off...*cough* IWD2 *cough*

A close second however would be Bodhi...coolest vampire ever!!

12. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Irenicus. Good voice and the influence of his power (and self-confidence)

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Even though Irenicus is very well played, I think Bodhi is a bit more "cooler." :cool: Vampires, rawr. :p

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Irenicus.

"You have nothing more than a fraction of your soul and somehow you continue to oppose me?!"

15. casey Gems: 15/31

Well I personally thought that Tazok was a more deadly and competent side-kick then Bodhi, Tazok made threats and he actually had the power to back them up unlike Bodhi who was 90% talk and 10% challenge.

16. Terelya Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I voted for Irenicus. He was scary and the story about him was developed well, you found out more and more about him.

17. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Irenicus!

Mages make the best villains.

And the best heroes too! :grin:

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I loved Irenicus too, just because of his actor voice, that guy as a nice voice plus his speach are really cool.

19. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sarevok in BG1! (his avatar ROCKS)

Irenicus is just a f****ing wizard... I hate wizards.

20. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Sarevok, no question about it. Sure Jon's a powerful, intelligent sorcerer but I still think he's a priss. He spends all of his time running from you rather than fighting you and he only faces you on his home ground.

I like Sarevok's voice acting far more than Jon's. Especially in ToB his maniac-laugh battle-cry is the best I've ever heard :evil: .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.