1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Branwen vs. Yeslick: Who is better?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Klorox, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

When you factor in the whole package, which one comes out on top IYO?

Also, is there a difference in levels they can reach as a Cleric with TotSC installed (161,000 XP cap)?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Branwen vs. Yeslick: Who is better? (25 votes.)

Branwen vs. Yeslick: Who is better? (Choose 1)
    * Branwen - 60% (15)
    * Yeslick - 40% (10)

2. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yeslick caps at a Level 7/7 Cleric/Fighter, while Branwen hits 8th level Cleric. Since they both have 16 wisdom Branwen gets 1 extra 3rd and 4th level spell than Yeslick.

3. Klorox

So I guess it comes down to whether or not the 7 extra Fighter levels, plus better saving throws outweigh the ability to grab Branwen so much sooner and have a bonus two spells end-game.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Either, depending on the circumstances. If you haven't another priest for the early game, Branwen's the better choice, but if you do, then I'd go with Yeslick.

5. Redrake Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Yeslick. Give him a Warhammer+2 and he's going to rock. Along with extra hp's and Str you won't bother with 2 extra spells.

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    While Branwen is useful early on, Yeslick is more useful in a party overall. Unlike Branwen he can tank very well without bothering to buff and can damage enemies with a degree of reliability.

7. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Branwen is usually my choice when not playing a healertype. I can have her early on, and she a decent tank IMHO.

8. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I loved Yeslick until I went to Durlag's Tower, He quickly became Cleric/Bacck up Fighter. From what I have seen of Branwen she can hold the line as well as Yeslick and levels up a little faster so I like her as well and in most times even better.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I voted for Branwen, but only because she is available to you so much sooner than Yeslick. If all things were equal - i.e., that acquiring Yeslick early in the game were possible, I'd prefer Yeslick. Multi-class characters are much better than their single classed counterparts in BG1. Generally speaking, they only lag one level behind the single classes, and yet have abilities in two classes. A multi F/C 7/7 is FAR more versatile and useful than a single class C8.

10. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Branwen, if for nothing else, then because I liked her more.

11. Klorox

I know this is *****footing my own poll, but I think it's a great idea to grab Branwen right away, and then ditch her for Yeslick when the time comes.

Of course, I recommend not exploring every area before going to get Yeslick if you're going to do this! :)

12. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

A lot of the NPCs found later in the game can be gotten to and salvaged if you make a dead run for thier location. No exploring or unnecessary encounters. When you find an NPC and can advanvce them to your taste it makes them a lot more fun!

13. RuneQuester Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Edit: Can't say "Finch" because that is a TuTu only NPC so I say Yeslik, because A)He is NOT a boring human and B) he IS multi-class.

14. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I like Branwen better but it was a tough choice.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.