1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: 2nd Round - NPC Elimination

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, May 23, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, I just found out that I will not have access to a computer before Tuesday, so I decided to get this poll up a running. As has been commented by others, all of the matchups have a pretty clear winner. Even Aerie has pulled significantly ahead of Haer-Dalis'.

Edwin is the winner of the "Beatdown of the Week Award", by completely pasting Nalia, and treating her like the pathetic, wanna-be spellchucker that she is.

I had a chance to get the comments from the victors from the first round, to find out what they had to say about the opponents they defeated. (Note: All of the following quotes are actual comments from the game. Where ever possible, I used a quote actually taken from a conversation (or argument) between the two characters.

Edwin: (When the time comes, I must kill her first. Slowly, but first.)

Imoen: Ha ha! Lighten up, will ya? I’ll tell you what ... If I have any desires to murder you in the middle of the night, you’ll be the first to know, okay?

Viconia: A pity your manhood is so lacking. I am a cruel mistress.

Aerie: I’m sick of your insults, you bastard! You’re worth less than the feces of an unwashed kobold! You’re stupid, bigoted, mean, small minded and small membered! Now leave me alone or I’ll cast a spell of withering on that pathetic excuse for a manhood you’re always scratching at between your legs!

Keldorn: I take no pride in my wounds, only in the battle won. I will give my wounds no acknowledgement.

Sarevok: Violence has always come easily to me. It seems little has changed. In the cold nether realm, while I waited to be reborn, I sorely missed the crimson spray and the hot tang of death on my tongue.

Minsc: RRRAAAGGHH!!!! KILL, SAYS BOO! KILL, DOES MINSC!

Jaheira: An oak staff can cave a skull from only inches away.

RULES: There is only one rule. Vote for who you like better. I'm not asking, "If NPC A got into a fight with NPC B, who would win?" First, it's an impossible question to answer, as any variety of circumstance could take place that would allow one or the other to win, and valid arguments could be made on both sides. Thus, this a popularity contest to crown the king (or queen) of the NPC's.

Two things of interest in the first round. All of the female romanancable characters advanced. There are five "neutral" NPC's in the game, and four of the five were eliminated in the first round (and seeing as how two competed against each other, one HAD to advance).

[ May 23, 2003, 21:29: Message edited by: Aldeth the Foppish Idiot ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 4 question(s). 68 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: 2nd Round - NPC Elimination (68 votes.)

Edwin and Imoen (for Mage Group Winner) (Choose 1)
    * Edwin (defeated Nalia in Round 1) - 49% (33)
    * Imoen (defeated Jan in Round 1) - 51% (35)

Viconia and Aerie (for Cleric Group Winner - This could get ugly!) (Choose 1)
    * Viconia (defeated Anomen in Round 1) - 56% (38)
    * Aerie (defeated Haer-Dalis' in Round 1) - 44% (30)

Keldorn and Sarevok (for Warrior Group Winner) (Choose 1)
    * Keldorn (defeated Mazzy in Round 1) - 38% (26)
    * Sarevok (defeated Korgan in Round 1) - 62% (42)

Jaheria and Minsc (for Ranger/Druid Group Winner) (Choose 1)
    * Jaheria (defeated Cernd in Round 1) - 34% (23)
    * Minsc (defeated Valygar in Round 1) - 66% (45)

2. TheGilGalad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm sorry but i must ask which level are the contestants for the fight. Because if jaheira can access iron skins, she will dispatch minsc like nothing.... same about aerie and viconia... high-level mage spells or not? ( For the other two brackets it does not matter )

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a feeling this is a tough one! It could turn ugly...

Welcome to the boards. This is a popularity contest - not a fight.
    You should look at the previous one, I think it says that there

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I guess I should have re-posted the rules from the first poll, because there are people who didn't take part in that, but wish to take part in the second. The most important thing to remember is that this is a popularity contest! You don't need a reason for why (from a combat perspective) you are voting for each person. I'm not asking who you think would win a fight between Edwin and Imoen, I'm asking who you like better! That's it.

5. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

How on earth could Imoen beat Jan in a popularity contest!?

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Keldorn, undeserved reputation as a goody-goody. The guy is simply a pillar of dignity, and an easy choice over the psychotic Sarevok. But, it looks as though he's going to lose out in the poll (sigh).

Aerie vs. Viconia: tough call here. Whiny & flighty vs. S&M and extreme cruelty. I ended up deciding in favor of whiny and flighty.

Imoen over Edwin anyday. Imoen has a spunky and charming personality, and provides far better company than the arrogant and obnoxious Edwin.

Jaheira vs. Minsc. Can you guess? Jaheira all the way! :love: :love: :love:

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ooo, that was much easier than round one.

Imoen vs Edwin: Imoen, as I said on the last poll, I dislike evil characters, don't know why just do.

Viconia vs Aerie: See above.

Keldorn vs Sarevok: Take a guess.

Jaheria vs Minsc: This one was hardest but in the end I went with the one and only hamster loving ranger and Boo of course.

Looking at the results from the last round they're (mostly) what I voted for :) which is good. Its always good to know that someother people agree with my opinions.
    16 votes in and the 1st two catigories (or what ever they are) are equal and the other two are really close.

8. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Oh, some of these will be a close call...

I really like Keldorn, but Sarevok is a more intersting personality-wise, at least to me. The idea of redemption is very much appealing to me and I genuinely feel sorry for the guy.

Viconia or Aerie... I bear no love for neither of them, but I loathe Aerie in particular.

Edwin or Imoen... I went with Eddie - under all his sarcasm and childish arrogance, there is actually a pretty loveable personality! At least I see it...

And I like Minsc. I really do. But I love Jaheira... :lol:

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] At the moment the first two are equal votes!

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Imoen, of course.

Viconia vs. Aerie... Umm-m... Both of them have a good romance, their skills are quite good, and both of them have an interesting personality... 50/50, so I chose Aerie, since I expected her to have less votes.

Why is it that some people won´t stay DEAD?

Minsc :) No 'why', it´s just Minsc, Boo, and you.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Beren: Just btw I vote exactly the oposite NPC that you voted!

Imoen vs Edwin: Bah Edwin all the way!

Aerie vs Viconia: T'was a hard one, but I think Viccy has a better personality

Keldorn vs Sarevok: I would just loved to see Sarevok killed for the third time! ( 1st in BG1 second in BG II in Hell)

Minsc vs Jaheira: Huuumm, though one, but Minsc and boo has my vote!

12. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Lol, my taste says:

Imoen/Edwin. -> Imoen

Tough one. Both are very funny. I personally think, that Imoen is funnier than Edwin. So, Imoen. But Edwin would win versus most others

Viconia/Aerie -> Viconia.

I can't stand Aeries whining. She would loose versus anyone. But Edwin would win versus Viconia.

Keldorn/Sarevok -> Keldorn

Edwin would win again. But I like Keldorn more then Sarevok. But both are low on my list.

Jaheria/Minsk -> Minsk

Minsk is down to earth, Boo is bright, both are for me an invincible team. Jaheria is a little, little, little, litte bit too blasé for my taste.

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    This is a real shame! Imoen beating Edwin?!! look like I'm the only one who Love Edwin out there!
    sigh...

14. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Yeah, I don't get it. Edwin is so much cooler/better/funnier. Sure Imoen is your sister, but she's so irritating. I always drop her. If it wasn't for the storyline I never would have saved her :D .

15. Jurts Gems: 7/31

Hehe, I for one can't understand how a bold, addled ranger could be *cooler* than something as classy as Jaheira... come on, folks, show some style! And remember, this is only Minsc without Boo - pay that in mind when you vote :rolleyes:

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

This was a lot tougher than round one:

Imoen vs. Edwin: Imoen won this one. I don't really like Edwin, for various reasons.

Keldorn vs. Sarevok: Another easy one. Sarevok won this one, I like the redemption thing that he carries and he's a much better fighter.

Minsc vs. Jaheira: GO BOO GO!!! Guess.

Aerie vs. Viconia: Could you possibly have chosen a tougher matchup? My two favorites. I chose Aerie just because she's more versatile, but this one was not easy.

17. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Now I'm truly in despair,

I like Minsc, but ...

The beautiful Jaheira, a woman of true substance and grit, won't make it to the next round. (Argggh! sob!) :cry:

18. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Edwin and Imoen : Edwin wins me over hands down. I absolutly hate Imoen, as not only a character, but her classes too.

Viconia and Aerie: Aerie, simply because she is hotter. :D

Keldorn and Sarevok: Sarevok all the way. He's just so darn cool, everything about him!

Jaheria and Minsc: Minsc. This was just too easy. I would have chosen Minsc over anyone, but Jaheria? That just makes it so much easier. As I have said in the past, I hate druids. Not only the class, but also the tree hugging ways! And in the end, when you factor in Boo, the scales topple over in favor of Minsc. Plus I always did hated Jaheria since the start.

19. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Edwin is both psychotic (talks to himself, etc.) and too stupid to realize that his comments are totally off-base in many cases. Besides, he is an enemy of the fair Dynaheir. He must die. Besides, if you played BG1, you have to love Immie.

Sarevok has a few good lines, but in a popularity contest you really have to vote for the guy with tons of charisma. Besides, even if you can turn Sarevok good, all his comments are still from an evil perspective. Sarevok's badly written, so Keldorn wins.

Aerie only whines at first, then she gets past it. Vicci's only interesting at first, then she gets past it too. Aerie can become far more powerful than Vicci because Aerie has two classes (Vicci maxes out much sooner). Aerie can also have a child. Aerie all the way!

Minsc and Jaheira, now there's a tough one. Minsc is more fun, unless you've got the flirt pack installed. ;) Jaheira is pretty wimpy for a while since it takes her so long to get to 14th and 15th levels as a druid. But Jaheira also has a great quest, especially if you romance her. Overall, I think the game is more fun with Jaheira than with Minsc.

20. Jurts Gems: 7/31

What a wonderful misconception... she becomes the most powerful NPC in the game when she gains the 9th level in druid class and those six or seven level7 spells she gets at level15 is just an icing on the cake for an NPC of already godlike powers.

And yes, Beren, I'm afraid the kids here have no taste at all - show them a cute, fuzzy little hamster and they all go "AWWWWW! How cuuuuuuute!" - that's unfair, Boo should have entered the poll seperately :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.