1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Please tell me Druids level up faster after level 14

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Benan, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

In my latest game I'm using a Half Elf Avenger. And right now I'm sitting at level 13 with 840,000 experience, I need to get 1,750,000 to level up to 14. I'm already done all the quests outside of the city except for the Skin Dancers/Skinner Murders and all I have to do for that is go to Trademeet and help Tiris. I usually don't do the quests for Renal or the quest for the artist. I will be doing the Planar Sphere and rescuing Haer, but I'll still need more.

I really want to challenge for the Druid Grove Leader role except I doubt I'll be able to.

Oh I can do the Twisted Rune and Kangaaz and those will help.

I hope Druids level up faster after 14 or else it's going to be interesting.

2. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

They do; for some RP reason level 14/15 take huge amounts of XP.

level 14: 1,500,000
    level 15: 3,000,000

150k per level from then on.

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

They get a lot of uber-powerful abilities at level 15 which would set them quite a bit above other characters of a similar level, hence the massive amount of XP needed to get that far. It's well worth the wait.

4. Magic Snack Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If you're looking for exp before the underdark, you can do the limited wish quest, Jahiera's Harper quests, and the Renal and artist quests, if you haven't done them already this time.

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

What abilities do they get? I'm playing the game through for the third time right now with a human shapeshifter, and I'm level 14 in Brynnlaw. First time I've played as a druid, so I dunno which abilities he aquires, because he already has 6 Werewolf morphs and 1 Greater Werewolf Morph.

6. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

IIRC, they get alot of spells at lvl 15. Playing a Shapeshifter? I hope you don't only go frontline. Shapeshifters are as good casters as any druid ;)

[ March 07, 2004, 21:59: Message edited by: spetznaz ]

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

They get immunity to poison as well as 5 level 7 slots, 4 level 6 slots, 3 level 5 slots and 1 level 4 slot extra. Since they then level up quickly they can soon get elemental resistance.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31

What is the Limited Wish Quest, I don't remember that?

9. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Isn't that the one with Jaheira and the Harpers?

Man, I'm not looking forward to level 14 and 15. Especially since I'm playing F/D .. that'll take ages!

10. david w Gems: 19/31

The Limited Wish Quest is, strangely enough, a Quest you get from casting the Limited Wish spell.

It involves retrieving an item for a group of mercenaries (Captain Dennis and Co in Delosar's Inn in the Bridge District). Unfortunately you don't get much for your effort and I usually just prefer to whack them for the XP.

Nothing to do with Jaheira or the Harpers.

11. Benan Gems: 20/31

Yeah I always just kill the mercanary groups that pick fights with me. Like the guys in the Inn in the Promenade and the Dwarf and his friends in the sewers.

12. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

That RP reason is because a druid can challenge to become a Grand Druid, one of the many levels within the Druidic Hierarchy they can compete for.

Jaheira is the perfect example of F/D taking forever to gain levels but as others have already pointed out, druids become quite powerful once they surpass level 15. Personally, I don't bother with F/D for that very reason.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    And the levels do come quickly after level 15. I think there's a stretch of about 10 levels that only require 150,000 XP for a new level. However, given that you are a fighter/druid, you aren't going to be able to take advantage of a whole lot of those levels. Best case scenario, you may be able to get to about 3.5 million XP in each class by end of ToB.

14. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Cool, need a couple thousand more till level 15. I usually use my shapeshifter fur buffs and summons before battle, but in the battle he's up front as a werewolf. Druids in this game need more evocation spells.

15. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I still don't have any Idea how the Greater Werewolf differs from the vanilla Werewolf form.
    Can anyone please clear this up for me?

I really want to know what the enchantment of the attacks dealt by the werewolf and Greater Werewolf form. Please clear up this fuzzy mind of mine... :confused:

16. david w Gems: 19/31

I think the greater werewolf gets better attacks and its claws strike as +3 weapons compared to the lesser bonus of the normal werewolf. It also has better Strength.

17. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Better str, dex, con, 3 attacks, +3enchantment, some elemental resistances,...
    that's as much as i recall right now... its been long since i played one.

As for XP needed for lvl15... in PnP (2 ed.) there can only be one Great Druid on the material plane. With it come many powers, which havent been implemented in the game. Hence the many spell slots they get after getting that incredible amount of experience.

18. Benan Gems: 20/31

I made it, got some decent spells now that make it worth the wait.

I'm now the "Great Druid".

19. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

also 70% MR rather than 40 I think.

20. Benan Gems: 20/31

I was really dissapointed with the Challenge Master. They had me fight a normal druid, but allowed me to keep my weapons and equipment. The fight against Faldorn was a million times harder.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.