1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Playing without cd's

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Shadowcouncil, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hey,

I was wondering if any of you accidently would know an easy way to get BG (ToTSC installed)running without the cd's. My cd's are at a friends house where we play a LAN-game... but I thought, let's pick up the old addiction again... and start a solocampaign.

I've been looking around for a no cd crack but there seems to be none. Maybe one of you knows a way to get BG running without cd?

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

NP. You need something in the CD drive that the game will recognize as the TotSC disc, or the game won't start. After that, if you've done a full custom install, you won't need it anymore, but you still need it for the start-up. :(

Just make a copy of the disc (for backup purposes, of course ;) ) and you'll be set.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Hm well I guess I have to make a copy of that one then.... But it means I can't play right now :)

I found some cracks on the net but they don't seem to work either.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hope I don't get in trouble for this. Try alcohol120%. I don't know if doing a search for the name will work, but you can try.

5. UCLAParadox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Alcohol won't help him get it going now as he would still have to make an ISO of the disc which he would need the disc to do.

It's a great way to play otherwise. I load all my CDs onto my system so I can keep the originals safe. I've already bought each of the games and expansions twice, don't need to do it again. Granted, it takes a ton of space to have 11 CDs (well, 12 with the Collectors Edition CD) saved on my computer but whatever.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I know that and I presumed headbanger did as well. Even a crack requires a gameplay disc of some kind. He's just going to trudge over to buddy's place and snaffle the cds.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No-CD cracks do what the name suggests, allow you to play without having the CD in if you perform a full install. But since we like to keep things legal here, we don't allow them to be discussed publicly (this is pointed out in the rules). So, feel free to post suggestions and workarounds working without the no-cd cracks, but don't discuss the cracks. Thanks.

8. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If you have all the cd's copyied to harddrive (or done a full install) you can burn a cd with the label "CD2" and it should work. The other games also have some "id" files on each cd, but not bg1.

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Hehe, I already got the cd now :)

And Raptor, I guess your idea doesn't work with ToTSC installed? Or should a cd with label "CD6" work then? Btw, shouldn't it be "CD1" as label? *confused*

To Tal: Sorry ;) I was already wondering if it would be okay to ask for a no cd crack. I think there are no problems with it, as long as you use it for comfort, and have the normal cd's. In fact, my opinion is that every company who makes games with more then one cd, should also make a no-cd-patch. But I guess they don't to that so people don't install a game and the patch and give it to someone else etc. And that'is, I guess, also the reason why discussion about no cd cracks on these boards are dangerous :) That was also why I said a few times that I do own the cd's. Well, I think you still know me as an BG-addict, so I don't have to convince you I guess ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.