1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirating times

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Takara, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    This is a continuation of an RP in RP corner, but I'm turning it into a story effort, as opposed to an RP. Since this isnt an RP, please dont add your own bits and pieces to it. I've asked one or two to help co-write, but that's all. It's purely for our enjoyment, and yours to read.

Standing on board the Doombringer, Pete observed some fracas on board the Violet Marauder through a telescope.

He'd been bothered about Marius letting de Grath in on this venture. The man was an arrogant ass, and he was dangerous. So far he had danced to Marius' tune, and wouldnt know he was done for until Pete opened fire on him. But that had to wait. He couldnt do anything until they had successfully attacked the Persian.

Chuckling to himself he was pleased with one thing. Since the Marauder was built mainly for speed, she'd take most of the damage in the fight. It would make it much easier to sink her later.

As he watched, he saw Reeves stumble overboard into the water. Seems as though the rats were fleeing the Marauder. Concerned Pete scratched his beard. As Reeves surfaced, he began to swim toward the Doombringer. Surprised that Reeves would choose his ship as a haven, he smiled grimly. They would have a great deal to discuss when he arrived.

Tossing the spyglass to a crewman, he made his way to his cabin. Stepping inside, his quatermaster joined him.

"Deekin, things dont sit right with me about all this. I got an itch, and it needs scratching. For now, see that Reeves gets aboard and quartered. I'll want to talk to him once he's dried out."

"Aye Cap'n. I'll make sure he be taken care of."

Looking up at Deekin Pete smiled grimly. "Dont make him too comfortable. We dont know why he's running. If he's wrecked the plan, I'll have him keelhauled like Vargas was."

Shuddering with the mention of Vargas, Deekin nodded and left the cabin.

Vargas had been the previous Quartermaster of the Nightwind. On one of their raids they had taken a fair bit of booty. Vargas, in his infinate wisdom, had tried to cheat them out of the best items. After finding out, Pete had had him stripped naked and lashed to the mast. After a severe flogging, he'd tied a rope round his bloodied ches, and tossed him off the side. Each time he was keelhauled Pete asked him how many barnacles were on the keel. Each time he couldnt answer, Pete put him back under to count again. On deck the crew laid bets on whether he would drown, or die from blood loss. After he was dead they hauled him back on deck and he had Deekin jump on his chest. When lots of water squirted from his mouth, they knew he died of drowning.

Sighing with the memory, Pete laid on his bed. The very thought of giving de Grath what he owed him made him giddy with excitement. Not only had he taken his girl and his ship, but he'd killed Liza. For that he'd make Arvin pay. During that fateful tussle, it had been Arvin that had made the pistol go off. It had been Arvin that made him angry enough to go after him. It had been Arvin that had almost destroyed his life. Now he'd make him pay at last.

He hadnt grown up badly. His parents weren't wealthy, but they weren'y poor. They had hoped he'd join the navy, but that was too boring. Instead he signed up for privateer work. After doing that for a while, he turned to piracy as it seemed a lot easier. Things were going well until he met Arvin. After that... well... he sank to his natural level. Maybe he'd thank Arvin for making his life clearer, before he gutted him.

Getting up, he walked over to the mirror and splashed some water on his face. Shaking his head, his jet black hair bounced with the motion. He was light skinned, and had a bushy black beard. He was moddelling himself after the pirates of old, and he could feel their gaze upon him as he sailed. His clothes as well were modelled after the stories of old. The pantaloons, the jerkin. He wanted to exude the legends of old. Make peopkle see the true pirate when they met him. Shaking his head once more, he chuckled to himself. He'd have to have a talk with Marius about developments. Perhaps when the night drew in he'd take a rowboat over to the Devastation. For now, he was eager to talk to Reeves, and find out what the hell was going on.

[ January 17, 2005, 08:35: Message edited by: Takara ]

2. Takara

Media:
    Climbing up a rope tossed down to him, Reeves stubled aboard the Doombringer. Wincing as he hit the deck he almost snarled in frustration. His little flame had stabed him! The betrayal was of the coldest sort. De Grath had stolen his property and turned her against him. For that, he'd give the man a slow and agonising death, one where he could relish every scream.

For now, though, he'd have to choose his next words carefully. Black Pete was bound to be curious as to what happened, and he needed him or Marius might have his head.

As he stood up, the ship's quartermaster approached him. The man's jovial expresion gave him pause. He looked far too relaxed about things, and that concerned him.

"Mr. Reeves, wlecome back aboard the Doombringer. Captain Cunningham has asked me to bunk you in with the crew. I hope you weren't hoping for anything else. I see that you are wounded, I'll make sure that it gets looked at."

Reeves nodded to Dekkin, " 'Lo Deekin. Dont bother about sendin' someone to look at me side. I can take care of it, and will most likely do a better job too. For now, I want to talk to Pete. I would rather get that taken care of, so we all know where I stand around here."

Looking a little dissapointed; he had hoped that he could hear Reeves hiss in pain as their inept doctor probed the wound; he sighed and motioned for Reeves to follow him. Leading him up to the Captain's cabin, Deekin knocked on the door, entering after the customary growl from the Captain.

3. Takara

Media:
    As Reeves entered the room, Pete looked up from the desk he was sitting behind. Giving the man a long evaluation, he narrowed his eyes and fixed Reeves with a cold stare.

"You've caused quite a stir. From what we have been observing, I can assume your mission aboard the marauder didnt go quite as planned. It is also interesting that you chose to seek refuge with me, rather than swim back to your master... Perhaps you fear retribution?"

Seeing the flash of anger in Reeves eyes, Pete began to chuckle. "Cool thos flames young sir, or they could be the end of you. When you were 'stationed' here, you never feared me. In some respects it was annoying, but I admired that about you. Now, however, you might do well to listen to that calling."

Fixing Pete with a cold stare, Reeves cursed under his breath. He needed this man, but he was close to loosing his temper.

"You dont want to hear what happened? or are we going to skip straight to the unpleasantries?"

Letting out a laugh, Pete dismissed Deekin. "Sit yourself down. I think we have much to discuss, and not just the past, but your future. Now indulge an old man, but choose your words with exceptional care."

Taking a moment to collect his thoughts, Reeves ran through the events that had transpired aboard the Marauder. He related how Lark had almost turned stag on him, and how by trying to keep him silent, his cover had been blown. He did, however, try to downplay the events with his property, but he suspected that Pete new a little bit more about Alexa then he was suggesting. As the story wound to a close, Pete sat backward and lit his pipe with a glowing taper.

"That is an interesting tale, and one which can make me see why you didnt go back to Marius. That man has a mean streak wider than a badly beached whale. I do not doubt that at this moment Lark is getting used to some new... 'accomodations'."

Starting to chuckle once more, he thought on what Marius' anger could be like. Turning back to Reeves. he let out a small cloud of smoke.

"You present me with a problem, one I'm unsure of how to deal with. You're a loose cannon, barely able to control yourself. You enjoy causing pain, and have a temper that would make the devil himself ashamed. I LIKE that about you. You'd fit in nicely around here. At the same time, I really ought to gut you like the mongrel you are, if you have damaged the plan. I want de Grath's head, and if you have jeapordised this....

However, I'm going to cut you a break. You want de Grath as badly as I do. I'm aware of your connection to this red head, and I'm aware of your feelings towards those connected to her. And I would feel better with your anger complementing mine... rather then decorating my wall. So, I am going to shield you. I'll deflect Marius, and we will get what we want, but you are going to give me what 'I' want! And I want to know everything you learned about those aboard his ship"

Feeling his anger rising through the conversation, Reeves barely managed to control himself. He was glad he did, as being offered a place on the Doombringer was what he sought.

"You neednt worry about that Pete, I'll tell you all that I can. If it will bring my little red head back, then I am prepared to aid in any way."

Looking at Reeves like a man studies a painting, Pete had a few closing remarks to dispense. "I notice you are shaking, and not just from the cold. Dont look at me like that... you think you can hide your coca addiction on a ship this size? I'll see if I can rustle up some for you, but you are going to be in my debt! As for a place on my ship, we have none. Instead I will give you a... special position. Shares to plunder will be the same as any crew, but your duties will come direct from me. Also, betray me like you have Marius, and you will wish you were never born. Lastly, I'm going over to see Marius... you will remain here, and stay out of the way. That is non-negotiable."

"I didnt betray Marius!"

"Yes you did Reeves. Why do you think he put Lark on you in the first place? I dont care myself, the man does have a colossal ego. But take this as fair warning... I'm not easy to placate. Now get below, and get some rest. We have much to discuss on my return.

Deekin! I know you're listening so have the sails dropped as soon as it is dark. Then prepare my longboat as I'm going over to the Devastation."

With that, Reeves turned and left the room, still muttering to himself about how things had gone. Pete kept puffing away on his pipe, pleased with how the meeting had gone. Now he had something over Marius, and it put a big smile on his face.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.