1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pillars of Eternity 2 System Requirements

Discussion in 'Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire' started by Taluntain, May 22, 2018.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Pillars of Eternity II, unlike the first Pillars of Eternity, requires a 64-bit operating system to play. There is, unfortunately, no way to play on a 32-bit OS.

For Windows players, a DirectX-compatible sound card is required.

Minimum System Requirements
    • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista 64-bit or newer
      • macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra)
      • Ubuntu Linux 14.04 or greater
    • Processor: Intel Core i3-2100T @ 2.5 GHz / AMD Phenom II X3 B73
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 11 Compatible
    • Storage: 45 GB Hard Drive Space
    Recommended System Requirements
    • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista 64-bit or newer
      • macOS 10.3.3 (High Sierra)
      • Ubuntu Linux 16.04 or greater
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    • Storage: 45 GB Hard Drive Space

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So I have not bothered to get this yet and am trying to figure out whether it requires more than the original one when it comes to computing and graphics power. I don't feel like upgrading my computer just to play this game. My computer runs the original one fine on low to medium settings. Am I going to have issues with this one?

3. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you're still running a 32bit OS you're not going to be able to run PoE2 as far as i know.
    I assume it's because of the cap on maximum usable RAM on a 32-bit OS, which the game seems to use quite a bit of.

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm using Windows 10, which I think is 64bit. I can check when I get home.

5. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  6. dmc

Media:
    Doesn't seem to think I meet the minimum specs:

"Minimum: ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    You Have: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000"

You would think 5000 would be better than 4850, but I guess not . . .

7. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I kept getting a message about my graphics card drivers being out of date ...

8. dmc

Media:
    That's what it says. Does your machine run the game anyway? I'm not tempted to buy the thing unless I know it will work.

9. Beren

Media:
    Runs it smooth without a hitch. Mind you, my system goes above and beyond. I still don't see why the game wouldn't run for you over the difference between 4850 and 5000.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.