1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Picked up item with no picture

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Whoz-UR-Daddy, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Whoz-UR-Daddy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I just entered the North Forest, and fought 2 djinns. I was going thru the tombstone and picked up a few items. There was an empty space between two items and I clicked on it. I picked up something and now my main character cannot pick up anything else. I go into my inventory and it shows a blank space. But, when i click on the blank space it says item cannot be removed. What the hell is this thing? Haven't heard or seen it on this board and the BG2 walkthru on this site didn't mention it. Any ideas? Help!

2. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Try a remove curse spell or save and use shadowkeeper to see if this ID's it.If it is a bug shadowkeeper might make the file unloadable so make a back-up first.

3. Whoz-UR-Daddy Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] I reloaded and fought the djinn again and this time got different items and did not receive the blank item. Problem solved however I would still like to know wtf it was.

4. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i had a similar thing like that. I recieved a short sword +2 from renal, but i couldn't pick it up. I might try to sell it coz it could be glitch that i could sell over again
    T

5. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I had that too, but it disappeared as suddenly as it appeared. Don't remember where I got it though...

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  7. Whoz-UR-Daddy Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] I was thinking it was more of a cursed item or something than a bug. I did reload though and got different items. Thanks for the help though.

8. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

classic bug.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.