1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Philosophical Question

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Tyresian, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] If a man talks in a forest and there's no woman around to hear him is he still wrong?

2. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

oh yes indeed!!

You think the tree doesnt make a sound if it falls and no one is around to hear it!! Well of course it does, thus .. when a man speaks, and there are no women .. he is still WRONG :p :D

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited July 21, 2001).]

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] agreed, there's just noone to tell him

4. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Didn't we have this one in a topic some months ago? Those mind teasers topics....

Anyway, conclusion: Tyresian is either a female, or a traitor to the masculine cause! :D

Or he is just trying to impress some of the females on these boards? :) Can't blame him for trying then!

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

If we take the axiom that absolute truth exists then that is valid.
    However if we assume that there is no absolute truth, and therefore no absolute right or wrong, these terms are relative. Relative "rightness" or "wrongness" is meaningless without a reference point, and since there is no reference of superior rightness, then the statement can neither be said to be right or wrong, but simply is.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] It's always good to hear the wisdom that is Kitiara!

Another Philosophical question:

If one tries to fail, but succeeds, what have they done?

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

if he succeded in his try to fail, he failed.

though, if you try to prove murphy's law, will it fail?

8. Vile Gems: 8/31

So basically, for all you dumb people like me, this is someone who succeded at failing.

Hmm, that's a good question. I'll think about that one. I would say both, but I don't think there's an answer.

9. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

hmmmmm, i reckon, if a tree falls, then someone must be there to here it, otherwise why would it have fallen in the first place?

10. Tyresian Gems: 8/31

I am none of those grovflab. Im just speaking from experience.

Me: That movie sucked ass.
    Girlfriend: Marc, what are you talking about, that was the greatest movie i've seen.

Me: I hate pizza.
    Girlfriend: Don't lie, i know you like it.

Here's another,

How much slower is woman time compared to man time?

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Tyresian, I wonder if you have any proof of variable correctness eg.
    Him: I think XXXXXX
    Her: Don't be stupid!
    Him: Of course, I agree with you entirely
    Her: Don't just mindlessly agree with me, why can't you think for yourself sometimes.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Tyresian - The lag is at least 20 minutes!

But remember: If you're waiting for a guy friend, they can be 5 minutes late - you can bail after 6.

For a woman: Take the time you were supposed to meet, add ten minutes and multiply the ten minutes by her degree of hotness on a 1-10 scale. :D ;)

13. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Aggreed that the lag rate is high. as for previous thing about if a person trys to fail he had both failed and succeeded. Failed at what he was doing yet succeeded at trying to fail.

So you can try to fail at an action or you can fail at trying to fail and and succeed at the action.

Is anyone confused by what I just said?

Edit some spelling fixed.

[This message has been edited by kemanmaldea (edited July 23, 2001).]

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] From the chaos of this thread, I think I have seen the light!

1) My wife is right . . . I really am wrong! All this time I just thought she was being "her", now I know that there is something ontologically wrong with me and all of the other males on the planet.

2) In my attempts to be "right" I have been trying to fail - and then have found myself caught in "Bel's Dilemma" (see above).
    This dilemma occurs because the following axioms are true:
    a) Men are always wrong
    b) Therefore, any attempt for a man to be right is doomed to failure
    c) Attempts to succeed at failure result in multiple failures, which is evidenced by the tears of the involved female and the male sleeping on the couch.

Thanks for the insight!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.