1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Philip K. Dick Novels

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by BossBandor, Oct 17, 2003.

1. BossBandor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Greetings Populous of the board!

I'm an old member of this board and haven't been communicating in quite a long time. So just to kill time:

Who here reads or had read a Philip K. Dick novel? The man behind alternate future films (or sci-fi), such as Blade Runner or Minority Report? I just finished reading a Scanner Darkly, and it is one of the wierdest books written by him so far. I like the way he just...i don't know makes you think deep about stuff. Well I could always be wrong. hehehe...

2. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

One of my favorite writers... Dick is awesome. I especially like his short stories. 'Faith of our forefathers' is a really deep and dark writing. And it does confuse you. The best thing is about Dick that his writings can ruin your world. He's a very confusing writer. For that, I like him very much. ;)

3. BossBandor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yeah i agree, he is confusing after that last book i was like "what the f**k!" what is going on and you always laugh at the ending

4. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yeah. Scanner Darkly.
    I liked the scene in which they are making up a way to smuggle a lot of afghan hashish through Canadian border...
    Die, Eskimo scums! (or how was it, I read it in czech)
    (And we fought it only with bone javelins and defeated it!)

That was perfect.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have read a few.... I think the one called Eight FIngers of God (or somesuch, read a translation) was quite god.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.