1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Patrick Stewart

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Zurga, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

He was captain Picard, Charles Xavier, and has had other less noticed roles in other films, some of them produced by hallmark. My question is: What is your opinion him as an actor?

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I love him even if he is an older guy. Chiseled features a sexy voice and even a nicer smile. I think he's a great actor although sometimes its hard to see past his extremely magnetic personality. Apparently he got his start with shakespere so he's got some firm roots.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    He's great. I think I liked him best in TNG though, he was so perfect in his role of captain.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Awsome actor, i really like him!

All the more, he seems to like to play in movies i generaly watch, so it's even better.

5. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Not only is he the perfect Starship Captain, but he played a brilliant Captain Ahab in the tv movie Moby Dick. A very good actor in my book.

6. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Really cool voice

7. Zurga Gems: 9/31

TNG? It pinched my interess for his persona. Who was this man and could he act? I think his biggest drawback is his regal presence. I think it limits his acting, meaning he is less versatile in his acting. But he still remains one of my favorite actors.

[ August 14, 2004, 02:06: Message edited by: Zurga ]

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

He's an amazing actor. Anyone who has played the Conspiracy X RPG should check him out in a film called Safe House.
    Interesting to see how little he's changed since he was in Excalibur too.

9. He is an good actor.

10. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

He is very good in my opinion. I've seen safehouse, and he does play a slightly less type cast role in that film. He is better at playing authority figures though. Like someone said earlier, he has a very big presence and magnetic acting personality, so he is better suited to roles that compliment that. TNG is most definitely him at his peak though.

Although true, it is a rather unavoidable thing on his part. He has very prominent acting characteristics, which obviously stand out when performing. So it would make sense to utilise these to their full effect, it happnes all the time. Take Christopher Lee, an extremely type cast actor, for reasons very similar to Patrick Sstewart. Hugh Grant also. Doesn't ever seem to play a role outside of the bumbling, clumsy in love Englishman, but he is good at it, that's why producers and directors want him to play those roles in their movies. Same goes for Patrick Stewart. So although true, I think it a rather unfair critique.

11. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I really liked him once. Great voice, some presence, a teacher's demeanor... great.

Then I found this. (wmv clip, you may need to right click -> save to disk to view it)

And now the myth is shattered.

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

The only other man who could play Gandalf IMHO.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

his voice would be cool for game sound bites, but i saw him in some crappy b movie where he was some ghost so after that i didnt really like him. he was awesome in masterminds though. he was the main "bad guy". who else saw masterminds? awesome soundtrack.

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

His role in X-Men was so cool, he was one of the few actors that turned out nice in that movie, if you made a link to the cartoon and/or the comics!

Great actor it is!

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

because he was also bald and in a wheelchair? i didn't really like his role in x-men, although i'd be hard-pressed to suggest a replacement...

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

No his voice his looks his acting his part in the movie... just brilliant!

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I forget which movie it was, but the one with him having alzheimer's was really well done.

18. Zurga Gems: 9/31

Safe House (1997). Great movie, I specially like the end, where he just stands there. The first I saw after TNG, well almost, since he had a minor role in gunmen.

19. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The man has flair. :) But then he's a Shakespeare actor, so that's a given.
    Plus his great versatility. He pops up in just so many genres... epics/historical, sci-fic, comedy/drama. His part in the first Dune movie, King Arthur, Jeffrey etc.

A respectable professional.

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Much like Sir Ian McKellen, a great actor regardless of the medium, be it stage, film, TV or voice work.

edit - BTW, saw them both on an episode of the Parkinson show and they are both also qite funny men.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.