1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Party Picks For Fun Dialoge

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Igneous, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I played the game the 'powerplayer' way one time before (with the kensai mage and thief, monk and sorc in multiplayer, not caring for weaklings) and missed a lot of great dialoge sequences between party members that way.

Now I want to roleplay the game for a change (with a 'weak' treehugger as protagonist) and would like to hear some nice party set ups for some nice dialoge options between my party members. I heard for example that Jan tries to steel boo from minsk or that keldorn gives lectures to korgan about righteousness?

This might have been asked before, but I am new to this forum and I can't find those posts. Thanks in advance for the replies.

2. Seric Exz Guest

Jan
    Viconia
    Edwin
    Jaheira
    Aerie

for instance.... Most of these people have some interesting things to say (to each other at least). Or you might want to throw in Minsc somewhere in there - perhaps as a replacement for Aerie.

Viconia and Jan don't really get along.
    Viconia, Jaheira and Aerie aren't exactly best friends...
    Edwin doesn't like anyone.

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited March 29, 2001).]

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Minsc seems to have dialogue with everyone (you, Aerie, Jan, Valygar, Korgan, Mazzy so far). Having all three female romance options (if you are male) also leads to some fun bitching between party members. For nicer stuff, I was surprised that Mazzy seemed to take Aerie under her wing a bit.

Also some of the characters seem to have lots to say about themseleves if you encourage it (almost to the point of being a seperate story). Especially Jaheira, Viconia and Aeria. That's probably explained by their romance dialogue (although Aerie says a lot even without the romance). Anomen and Valygar also developed interesting little background stories.

I guess it also has a lot to do with your alingment and the party reputation, but I 'm not 100% on that.

I've also seen lots of posts about Korgan and how he doesn't get on with Viconia and Aerie in particular.

Sorry, not much help really.

Oh silly me, just remembered where I had seent this stuff before. If you want a complete spoiler for most of the party interatcions, go to:
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/npcs/viconia.php

Change 'Viconia' for whichever NPC in the address above to see deatils about their interactions with other NPCs.

4. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Wow, this site indeed spoils a lot... I stopped reading after the part of Keldorn and/or Valygar killing Viconia... Prooves again that those good guys can't recognise skill...

Just think about it, first she gives keldorn a cure critical wounds treatment, and after that he just places his sword into her :confused:

Oh well, the advice on the ladies is great, was planning on forming a harem around me anyway :D Let's see what they think of evil old me, maybe I let Minsk and Boo have some too..... Thanks for the replies!

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I had Minsc and Edwin, but nothing interesting happened - was it just me?

6. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Ironbeard I've noticed that you've missed out on a lot of the interesting stuff (party interactions, romances, etc). I was looking around in the game settings and found a switch labelled 'remove all fun for Dwarven Characters.' I think this be set to 'on' by default.

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jan was quite funny. I'm going through as a human bard just now and it seems fun is directly proportional to height. Sorry, I'll just clarify a few things.
    1st time through party was
    Ratchett Ironbeard - ME
    Jan
    Viconia
    Korgan
    Haerdalis
    Edwin
    Jan and Korgan were quite good in NPC interactions and Viconia flirted with the TALL people in the group.
    2nd time round - not got very far party intended to be funny
    Mad gabelbert - human skald
    Jan
    Viconia
    Minsc
    Edwin
    Anomen (just replaced with Mazzy)
    Viconia romance happening -yay
    Very little other NPC interaction.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited March 30, 2001).]

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31

lol. Ironbeard as a human bard - by Moriden's hammer!!!

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Ewin just tried to chat up Mazzy! It was brilliant! LOL

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

[​IMG] The dark on Mad Gabelbart. He is an iron golem in skeleton, with human proportions and flesh over the skeleton. I created Ironbard to talk to women for me and get round the romance problem, but now he's taken on a life of his own, called himself Mad Gabelbart, and is running about adventuring. :D (rolleyes)

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited March 31, 2001).]

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

I think the Ironbard/Viconia romance is over. She seemed dissapointed in him - HAH SERVES THE BLOODY HUMAN RIGHT FER GETTIN' A ROMANCE WHEN A DWARF COULDNA!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.