1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Party of four...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Searcher, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Searcher Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

As you know I am traveling with a party of four: two human fighters, one elven fighter and one pure mage. They are all equipped with a crossbow, the elv with a longbow. It's going great: A lot of expirience points and it's always a joy to see how opponents are buried under a shower of bolts. They often don't like it, certainly not when "no fear" and "haste" are also pronounced. Even the most formidable adversaries quickly perish...

But...

Of course I miss the adventures and conversations that playable mates bring with them.
    Is it now a good idea to do this journey with the four of us until just before the final battle to find the mates one by one and then make their journey and then take the final battle with the last available mate?

EDIT: Placed on the wrong place. Read it pleased as of I placed it on Baldurs gate EE

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    This party sounds familiar. I gave some advice in the Icewind Dale 2 forum which is based on the 3E rules, all the other Infinity Engine games are based on the 2E rules.
    Some of the mechanics I advised you on are slightly different in the earlier games than IWD2.

That said, I've found that it's best to take a companion who has a specific quest in an area with you when you do another quest in that area. It requires some meta-gaming, or just talking to them about their quest. Once you fulfill their quest, ditch them for somebody else.
    I tend to do this before going to Spellhold when you are raising money for the Shadow Thieves. So when you go to Trademeet, take Cernd with you for example.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Yup, we play BG with 5 people right now, in BG, the NPC's do not have great quests, or they involve two NPC's (like Minsc & Dynaheir or Khalid and Jaheira) so we played with five. In Baldur's Gate 2, we used the 6th slot to switch between NPC's because they have a lot of interesting side quests. And we probably end up with Imoen because she has an important part in the story and good reasons to kick Irenicus his ass :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.