1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pantaloons

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kevlar0101, May 29, 2001.

1. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kevlar.. we might actually go to Level 80.. I mean.. u are something like Hercules... also.. that might be the level Elminster or Volo is at.. do you ever wonder what level they are? I mean to live that long and be able to survive so long.. maybe they are the mortal progeny of some other avatar...

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Elminster is a weakling at level 23 (or near 23). I hope you will be able to meet (and kill) him in ToB for I will most definitely do that, just to teach him to keep his nose out of other people's business.

Volo isn't too tough, somewhere at level 9-15 I think?

3. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

this topic is 'bout the pants not killin elminster, I was just reffering to bg3

4. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

according to the BG1 manual, elminster is level 29 while volo is level 5...both wizards...my thief could kill em both with one backstab...eh...

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] If you think that Elm and Volo took vacation, you're wrong baby.

They are levelling up from BG1 to BG3 just as you do. :p

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I've hear a little bird sing about Elminster beeing level 48. But beware that bird could be a harper in Desguise. hehe.

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

**** MAJOR SPOILER ****

Its completion happens in Throne of Bhaal, the expansion to Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. You'll be able to use them to build an artifact known as "The Unit", something like a Golem/Robot who will battle with/for you. -10 AC flame and range attacks.

Syl...

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] What? That makes perfect sense! Something called "The Unit" made from various metallic pantaloons? Sounds very appropriate to me...

Does "The Unit" have some resemblance to a mushroom?

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited June 18, 2001).]

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

hehe cool.... I sold the pantaloons in BG1 but gonna buy them back for sure! :rolleyes:

Bye the way, Syl, you seem to know a lot about the game, do you also work for Black Isle or something or do you have connections there?

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited June 19, 2001).]

11. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

LMAO!! Oh my god! :rolleyes:

Take everything Sylvus says with a grain of salt. Then toss it over your shoulder, (both salt and advice. Someone mentioned the "Cult of Personality" in another thread. Heh. Well, Syl's got plenty of personality, all right. And it's all evil, evil, EVIL!! :D

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Warning: HUGE (AS IN VERY BIG :p) SPOILER

Although what Syl says does not sound believable, if you go here: http://www.geocities.com/raymaster69/TOBUNIT.htm there is a picture of a scanned page of the ToB strategy guide which is out already (Why on earth did they release it before the game?). Of course this is probably a little unbelievable, and is probably a giant hoax by either the game designers or the makers of the walkthrough, but still, there is some evidence of it.

13. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Heh. I suppose you might want to pick up the salt you tossed over your shoulder and also catch that laugh to put in a jar.

If that shot of the strat guide isn't enough for you, I can give you all a screenshot of the item from within ToB itself.

As for you Headbanger, no I do not. I just play the games like anyone else and answer questions when I can.

Syl...

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Syl, kevlar has a question about the flailheads in ToB (ToB forum)...
    Since you've obviously had the thing warezed for a while, I'm sure you can help him out.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited June 19, 2001).]

15. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Actually, I have a purchased copy + 3 for the ToB contest. On my way to help the brave warrior if I so can!

Syl...

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Purchased? I don't think any stores have it yet. I'm pretty certain about that. I'm sure there are many people here who would like to know which store in Canada is already selling it...

17. Adien Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It's not a joke. I have it.

18. shadow_thief Guest

uh...Adien, that was nearly a month ago...

19. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Another Dane signing up for duty :D
    Damn ill proberly get drained for this post oh well :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.