1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pantaloons

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kevlar0101, May 29, 2001.

1. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

has anyone yet completed the riddle of the pants?

you know, the silver one in bg2 and golden one in bg1.

this thing kinda makes me very curious

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Bugger!, I spent ages trying trying to find that link. I knew I had seen it somewhere but I was convinved it was somthing Tal had put together so was looking in the wrong place. Doh

Anyway I'm beginning to think that the way Nobleman and Extremist are pulling out all this info so quickly and efficiently I'm going to have to retire from my unofficial position of link finder. Seriously though, I'm impressed by both of you, keep up the good work :D

PS though I have to admit to a little sadness when I am reminded the Nobleman is Danish. Lovely, friendly and sensible people but I miss my Danish ex-girlfriend terribly :( Oh well, where's Jaheira

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited May 29, 2001).]

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Thank You Slappy. I can try and find her for You.. :p

I practice a lot on my guitar. I have free Internet in my University apartment. So I Can just sit and play and serf the net. I also use this place as an immense thinking-pool for future adventure ideas, that I put my poor PnP players through.
    I guess You'll get Your job back Slappy, as I have some important exams coming up. :D But I'll be back this summervacation. Auwwww I am gonna miss this place, the atmosphere and you guys.

Feel free to Level drain me 50 points TAL for my uninformative post to Slappy. :)

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 29, 2001).]

5. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

You'll be aaaaaalll the way back to level 10, with that postdrain... ;)

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

I wonder how many Energy drains Tal has memorized. He is a 40th level sorcerer :p He must have some imprisonment and freedom spells too.
    And definately a spook or horror when he really gets upset. :D

EDITED HERE

Danes Joined In May
    Grovflab
    Vicsun
    Lokken?
    Nobleman

And more to come :p

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 29, 2001).]

7. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Wow, that guy at Baldurdash most be very bored!

So the nobleman is danish eh? Then beware everyone. We are slowly taking over these boards! HAHAHA :D

In may? Hell, I'm from way back october!

[This message has been edited by Grovflab (edited May 29, 2001).]

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Thanx Slappy, but I'm not that good! *blush*

Retirement? Don't you even try it. ;)

9. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

my my.. a most interesting link! these are the first Easter Eggs of BG2 that i have found!

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I read the whole article. One of the secret mesaages is, when translated:

My pantaloons are full of weasels. Inform the Queen, so that she might shoo them away. Here we go 'round the mulberry bush. Go monkey GO!

The Pantaloons are found in the beginning of the game, in the Dungeon of Irenicus, 3 elves ask you to give the ancorns to their Queen. Maybe she can be informed? Can someone try?

11. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

hmm, that is another queen... so we have Queen Ellesime who does not respond and the Queen of these nymphs... any other queens that we know of?

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

The nymphs Queen didn't work too? Has anyone already tried??? Well it's possible as said in the article that the pantaloon-quest will be continued in BG3, maybe you'll find the broze pantaloons there ;)

13. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

I think it will be in ToB

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Of course not, it's only in new games, not in add on's I suppose. Otherwise there would also be a part of it in ToSC.

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Is this a rule? Perhaps there is something useless found in TOTSC that connects the enigma? I can't remember.
    Goldpair-silverpair-?????pair. this would be a cool trick to make us look for a bronze pair if there wasn't any.

Wanew is talking of a queen. Is wanew a human or an elf? I assume he thinks of his own queen so this rules out the Nymph queen. So far We have only met one other queen. Queen ellisime. Not only is she queen. But she is the only powerfull female character that all players are bound to meet in the game. All other females are NPC or minor sidekicks. As far as I remember, Don't count on my fragile memory :D.

Dechipering the puzzle should be the hard part. And Our guy at baldurdash has done it for us. Its worth a shot to have them ready for Queen ellisime in ToB unless we miss something from TOTSC.

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Who talks about Ellsime??? Are the people in the pants-story Elves? I don;t think so. Maybe in BG3 there will be another Queen who wasn't in the game yet? I don't think something about the pants is in ToB. Or should thay mean the Spider Queen? hehehe

17. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

if it wont be in ToB but in bg3, to get the other pants you would need to import your high level char, so unless they are planning to go to level 80....................

18. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Man, i thought there were only a couple of us around here, but it seem there is quite a lot. GOOD

19. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Now, I wasn't aware that pantaloons may become handy in BG2 expansion. If that is brilliant idea from Black Isle to force me play the whole saga again just to get them, then I suggest them to change attitude. Anyway, I'll betray now my beliefs of the mad cheater hater (but just because it's for greater good), and expose both pantaloons with their codes. So, for all those who get mad cow disease (BSE) every time someone mentions SK, and prefer hex editing, here goes:

There is no other mentioning about these items worth more in the files. Yet.

Of course, this note is to be considered as my huge spam if you become able to purchase golden pantaloons from someone in ToB too. And if that happens - kill me.

Last: Research is based on core game, without BonusCD or unofficial additions, maybe the items are there - like I care.

Important Edit
    The code for Silver Pants is MISC5O - O is the letter, not number (zero).

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 06, 2001).]

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Stop posting the disclaimers about the bonus CD items already...
    There are only 20 of them and they are very distinct. The extra items are just weapons/equipment, nothing else. You can see the whole list of them at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.