1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pair NPCs: How to get rid of Khalid without losing Jaheira?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Ubull Ravenhorn, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

How to get rid of Khalid, without getting rid of jaheira?
    I have 2 tactics:
    1.This is bloody: sending Khalid unprotected into the hands of basilisx
    2.Go into a house with khalid
    quicksave
    Reform party
    Jaheira shouldn't go away with this trick

2. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Well, he always seem to 'accidently' fall on a little atlar to Shar, when Viconia is doing an imaginary sacrifice to her (we won't let her sacrifice a real person after all, we're meant to be a good party), and she 'accidently' fails to stop before the knife has peirced his heart.
    Failing that dump him in a house i will never be going back into, send him forward as ankheg bait, or just blatantly runn him through.
    My personal favourite ways of getting rid of such a whiney little character...:evil:

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Or you could just kill him.

[dirty rotten one minute difference]

[This message has been edited by Volar Blackmane (edited June 01, 2002).]

4. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] A couple of variations on method 1:

- Have Jaheria kill Khalid. It's cruel but also very funny when she mourns him after having just cut him up with her scimitar.

-Remove both, kill Khalid and then get jaheria back.

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I always send Khalid into a melee without any armour or weapons, if he makes it, I send him into another one, if not, well...

6. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31

Or alternatively: Don't get rid of Khalid! He's probably the biggest walking contradiction ever: A timid, unconfident, self concsious little runt of an elf who happens to be one of the hardest NPC's in the game when you level him up high enough! Plus, I think it's pretty funny when you click him and he gets really shocked and starts going "WHA-um, ahem, y-yes?"

7. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31

The other lovely three was when I had Edwin, dynaheir and minsc in my party.

8. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] "Remove both, kill Khalid and then get Jaheria back."

I think when you start attacking K., J. will help him out and turn hostile.

9. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] No She won't turn hostile, there is even a change she helps you killing Khalid!

10. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I'm shocked!
    Why would you want to remove Khalid to keep Jaheira? I remove Jaheira and keep Khalid because in BG1 grandmastery in weapon skill is very powerful. How many NPC's can get grandmastery? Face it, Khalid is a rock! :)

11. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31

Khalid is simply the worst fighter.
    His strength is low->he hits the enemy with grandmaster asbility, but the damage....
    Even Shar-teel is better...
    If you want a strong fighter, then your primate char should be a fighter.
    (and I hate khalid, because he is such a....
    sheep.) :D

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Khalid rocks. Give him Gauntlets of Ogre Strength and he's an excellent warrior. I had him the whole game.

13. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ummm, but give anyone the gauntlets of ogre strength and they're an excellent warrior. I think that they're on about basic stats.
    Lets face it though, people have their own preferances and many people's just happens to be that they hate Khalid with a passion. And indeed there are better fighters out there than him. It's the voice that gets me, along with the pathetic strength for a fighter.

14. Why remove him ? He's one of the best fighters in the game.

15. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31

[​IMG]
    Your main character's a monkey? :roll::spin:

[This message has been edited by LittleJimmy (edited June 05, 2002).]

16. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31

No. I never have fighters in my group.
    I am a mage, I have Imoen,Kivan, Jaheira,Quayle and Ajantis, if my party is good.
    If my party is evil, than I use the following:
    I am an evil cleric, I have Xzar, Montaron, Tiax,Edwin and Eldoth.
    I've never played a
    in my group
    (yeah I know Tiax has things to do with a fighter, and Montaron also, but my evil party is currently at level 2->so I don't have e.g Eldoth and Tiax)

[This message has been edited by Ubull Ravenhorn (edited June 05, 2002).]

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Kill jaheira then kick Khalid out of the party, Revive Jaheira but Khalid will be standing there with another NPC instead, I think it is Biff the Understudy I can't remember but as long as you don't kill him again you should be fine

18. DinoTiggy1 Guest

I think that you shouldn't want to get rid of him, later on in the game he's an amazing fighter. Especially with the grandmaster skill.

19. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

So are Shar-Teel and Kagain, they don't have as lousy stats. Besides, they don't whine all the time and annoy you with silly Porky Pig comments and stuttering.

20. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

The other problem I have with Khalid is that he has terrible moral I think 9 times out of 10 wneh someone in my partie has moral failure it is Khalid.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.