1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Overall Rating of ToB

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Vandalore, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

2. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Didn't like it that much. Thought the actors for the NPCs(such as sendai and melissan) sucked and overacted, the music from several places was ripped off from old movies(sendai's conclave's music was taken from cape fear) and i thought the story line was cheesy. The only saving grace was the multiple endings.

(The jaheira romance continued sucked)

3. shadow_thief Guest

I'd rate ToB a rating of 7. The half-breed Abazigal and Dragonais was pretty lame, but Sendai was cool, even though she was a b*tch.
    The Watcher's Keep was really good, besides the dumb "conversation" with the Imprisonned One. Melissan and Balthazaar were plain queers. I liked Melissan's goddess portrait though. :D Nyalee was kinda strange; ecentric. Yaga-Shura was stupid! But the adventure was good.

4. Pyrion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Abazigal and Draconis should've had their roles switched, because it took me on the order of two minutes to kill off Abazigal, yet it took over an hour on four separate attempts to kill off Draconis. Sendai was pretty cool, though not as hard to kill off as Draconis. Balthasar was too easy, and I had a lot of fun getting massive XP just by standing on the bridge and letting Yaga Shura's army stand in line to meet their maker.

Overall I'd give the game an 8. Probably my main gripes was that the world map, like SoA, was underused.

(EDIT: Corrected a typo.)

[This message has been edited by Pyrion (edited July 07, 2001).]

5. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'm not finished yet but i am kinda impressed with what they did with this game. I give it an 8.

6. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I really hated the story line. It was soooooo transparent. After talking to gromnir, viekang, and a couple other people about melissan i pretty much knew what the whole story line was. It was so obvious melissan was the bad guy and manipulating you that i was wondering why my main character was stupid enough to keep listening to her.

Also it was obvious balthazar is a child of bhaal since they even showed a picture of him in the intro which looks remarkably like him.(the hair is a plain give away)

7. Pyrion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You mean you didn't notice the trend on the Interplay website? I dunno about Baldur's Gate 1 (since I haven't looked in a long time), but Jon Irenicus was the guy pictured on their Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn site. Melissan was the gal pictured on their BG2: Throne of Bhaal site, so ya just gotta figure even before buying it that this "Melissan" character is the bad guy.

(EDIT: Fixed a typo. Major typo. I would've been shot down by sexists otherwise, heh.)

[This message has been edited by Pyrion (edited July 07, 2001).]

8. fanchant Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Scale of one to Ten - 7
    Draconis was a much tougher fight than Abazigal.
    And the end game is way too much hack n slash and not enough strategy.
    I avoided the fight with demigorgon -it was late and I was sleepy but I'll get it in the next go round.
    How does the romance with Jaheria end, BTW?

9. reijek hidesman Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Another bit of movie music theft is the spooky Raiders of the Lost Ark bit. If you really want to read what happens to you and Jaheira

Spoilers below
    If you choose to become a god, she gets all bitter and heartbroken, but if you let go of the taint, you become happy adventurers who sometimes spend a lot of time apart, but always know that you'll see each other again.

10. shadow_thief Guest

I can't believe it too! The end video for god is the exact same video as getting untainted! Except for the words, that is. It took me 5 tries trying to kill Melissan. Then I got fet up and put my HP to 1000. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.