1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Our dear Extremist

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Shralp, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I managed to track down Extremist.

You all might want to keep him in your prayers. If he wasn't just yanking my chain (and he didn't sound like he was in the emails we traded), he was in quite a bad car accident that put him in a coma briefly. He's back at home now, but still not up to his old surfing self.

I got a couple of emails from him last week and then nothing, so I don't think he's checking it regularly. I tried to get him to come to America for the best doctors on the planet, but he started yelling something about evilfascistdictator so-and-so. :1eye:

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] WOw! That's terrbile. Tell him, we're all thinking about him & wish him well.

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Hang in there Extremist! I hope we can see you back on the boards soon!

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, I've managed to verify that what Shralp was saying is true, so I'm re-opening this topic.

I sent a mail to Extremist and he just got back to me. I'll leave the details for Ex to explain when he's feeling up to it. This should be in a week or two, since at this point he can't sit in front of his PC for long. So far he hasn't visited any sites, all he did was try to answer all the mails he got in the past, and delete spam. A formidable task after this much time has passed, I'm sure. ;)

Anyway, Ex sends his regards and hopes to see you all soon!

[ December 17, 2003, 21:36: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, this is good news (I think). At least the mystery is over.

I joined SP just after Ex went missing, but I'm familiar with his posts. Hopefully he'll be back terrorising us all in full force once he's recovered. :D

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hurrah! You haven't deleted his avatar, have you? :shake:

7. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

This is GREAT news!!! It'll be so nice to have him back among us again!

8. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] I am very happy to hear that Ex is getting better and will return soon! :)

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] At last! The Harmonium shall return to grace the boards!

Or if not, at least he is alright. Gettign quite worried. :heh:

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    /me throws confetti about

Great to have such happy news!

/me looks around, sighs, then fetches the vacuum cleaner

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ex's status is the completely the same as it was at the moment he left. He'll get his modship reinstated if he wishes, though as it is really just work these days, and he's recovering, I doubt he'll want it. :p

12. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

No matter his status as a mod, I'm just glad to know he's O.K.
    Life loves to throw curve balls as we all know.

13. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Can't say that I knew him in his first sprint here, but I am glad to say I can get to know him now.

/me throws more confetti at Rally

/me giggles and prances about

14. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is really something, it shows how different relations with people are on the net contra real life. I am very glad that Extremist is alive even if I find the accident horrible, it is really a fulfillment of the worst expectations. I hope he will come back, we need our grouchy Extremist here, he is a fundamental part of SP.

Oh and Bel! Now you see why you should take it easy on the roads? No more stunts like the one you pulled a few weeks ago!

15. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] It's great to hear that Ex is fine! Very nice surprise before christmas. :)

16. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Glad to see that my veracity is no longer publicly challenged. Just for general information: I would never joke about a friend's health like that, and the people who apparently spoofed Ex and made up stories about his disappearance are a bunch of punks.

Anyway, assuming that it's now ok for me to post, Ex gave me his phone number, so I'm going to give him a shout out soon. I figure it'll be the first phone call he's gotten from America that starts off by calling him a bizzatch.

And, man, yeah. I miss that guy. I even stole his name (the Gleeful part I added on my one) to name my web site. He's crazy. But he's our crazy.

17. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Woohoo, I came a little before he left, i think :hmm: , but I am very glad he is back!

/me gets out the balloons

18. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well that certainly sucks, what happened! At least he's recovering. Lifes hard sometimes, we need to live with it.

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

All right, and you know Shralp that I supported you all along. Wish him luck.

BTW, who's with me that we creates a petition that says:

"With signing this petition I DEMAND that Extremist should return ASAP!" :D

Remember, that was a joke, no offence ment.

20. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yay Ex! As horrible as it is that he got in an accident, is as wonderful as it is that he pulled out of it and is okay. The BoM really isn't the BoM with Ex meandering around now, is it? He fills that 'loveable grouch' persona that every true board needs...

(Yay Ex!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.