1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere - Ch 5 spoiler!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by baron, Oct 28, 2002.

1. baron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This spell has been my life saver on numerous occasions. Used it all through chapter 5, one of my chars has an amulet that enables him to cast it daily. Just run him forward into the middle of the fight and cast it, then my two wizards and my cleric lob magic at him. All the bad guys stay futiley attacking the immune character. Also usefull to cast it on the chick who casts time stasis, stops her mid cast and gives you time to kill her minions and surround her with the tanks. My question is this... does this spell get 'watered down' in HOF mode (i.e length reduced, or monsters smarter)?

STUPIDITY ALERT
    I am stuck at the end of chap 5, have completed the tasks and have gone back to Kuldahar, complete with congratulations from all the villagers, yet no one has given me directions on where to go, quite aware that I am prob missing someting obvious...but where to now??

[ October 29, 2002, 21:44: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

What was the last thing you did? You finished all the days of the time stasis piece I am guessing, since you said you killed the sorceress, and exited to the fields of slaughter right? Did you cleanse the undead (orc and elvish alike) from the field of slaughter with the holy water? After that, just use the exit right above the pool to go and finish off Saablic Tan and then use the exit on the other side of the area to go to the SEvered Hand. That should start Chapter 6. Or maybe I am forgetting something???

Edit: also, regarding HoF mode: I don't think the resiliant sphere spell gets watered down, in fact you really need it more since the enemies all have many many more hitpoints than you do. Too many times in the beginning of my HoF game my poor Paladin was getting swarned by something and I wished I had had that spell to help her...

[ October 28, 2002, 22:16: Message edited by: Grey Ghost ]

3. DarkExile Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] ok i know how stupid this sounds but i feel obligated to ask... whats HoF?

4. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

HoF is Heart of Fury mode, the ultimate humbling experience for anyone playing this game.

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    To continue, you need to go through Dragons Eye.

6. DarkExile Gems: 1/31

o ok thanks. do you get it by beating the game?

7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You turn on HoF in the configuration program, outside the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.