1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Orlando Massacre

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by The Great Snook, Jun 14, 2016.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I haven't seen anything posted about this yet. The article that hit home with me the best was from Howie Carr who writes for the Boston Herald (sorry no link as I'm copying from an email). This really sums up the way I feel about it. I have been in many discussions on Facebook today with the gun grabbers who in my opinion are too naive to realize that it isn't about the guns, it is more about us being in a religious war and not wanting to admit it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  2. Arkite

Arkite Crash or crash through Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Some facts.

- The weapons used in the attack (AR-15, pistols) were legally purchased.
    - It's easier to buy an AR-15 in Florida than it is to buy a pistol.
    - Florida has no gun registration, no gun-owner licensing, and no limits on the number of firearms that can be bought at one time.
    - Under current laws, if a background check reveals that your name is on the national terrorism watch list, you're still free to walk out of a gun dealership with a firearm in your hands — as long as you don't have a criminal or mental health record.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    We've been discussing it in chat. :p

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    From what I've read, he had no official affiliation with ISIS, apart from obviously liking their agenda. Plus, apparently he was a frequent visitor of the gay club and user of gay hookup apps, so...

5. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, some argue that made him even more mentally unstable.

Being a gay guy who for social and religious reasons couldn't acknowledge or embrace being gay.

As one person who seriously pondered the idea pointed out that leaves the possibility of cycle of self hatred. Perhaps so much that he targeted a guy club in part to kill the gay inside himself as well as commit suicide in a manner that would be acceptable to those he claimed to like.

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well they used to consider homosexuality a mental illness....

7. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Let us not forget that the shooter was informed to the FBI (by the gun store!) for trying to buy body armor and mass amounts of ammo!

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
  9. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You don't know who Milo is?

10. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not entirely. I went back and I did hear him on the Adam Carolla Podcast and I have determined that I have seen some videos with him in the background while other speakers were talking. I may have to do a deep dive.

My experience with Milo's have always started and stopped with Milo Morai (and that is a deep reference)

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not that deep, Horseclans fans.

12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Considering the author died in 1990 I still say deep.

13. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Heck, even though the books were written before my time (i was only 3 in 1990) i still came in contact with the horseclans books through my local library.
    That said, back then i wasn't into fantasy as much as i was then (and to this day i still prefer high fantasy over post-apocalyptic/sci-fi settings) so i never really got far into the series.
    The fact the library only had like 2 or 3 volumes didn't help either.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.