1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Opinions

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I changed PDNs twice, actually... first known as Shadow Scorpion, then became The New Order, and finally, DotW. Truth be told the only reason I haven't changed it is because I can't - otherwise I would.

Hehe... it's not the first time I hear that. I admit I can be... nerve-wracking.

:lol: I'm not that bad tempered... honest.

:lol: Hey, I can't help it if I'm short fused... and as for phones, I actually was even more of a hardcore fan back in the days - but working as phone monkey jaded me a little.

Hehe... bullheaded, short-tempered... man, this thread is better than being headshrinked by a psychiatrist! :shake:

Seriously, honest opinions are always good. Now it's my turn to give back. And those who don't see themselves on the list... I just don't you enough.

Tal - FAR too serious and far too rigid in his thinking to my liking. The perfect example of a LN... though the best suited head of our little community.

chev - Self-righteous, holier-than-thou prick. Used to be a friend, too bad it had to be that way.

HB - Lord Serious Pants. I always enjoy poking fun out of him, but strange as this may appear, I actually like the fella. He surprised me with his creative skills - and stunned me by including me - in his SP IWD2 run.

kuemper - I've rubbed her in a wrong way a couple of times in the past, but I like her all the same.

Ara - Too bad she no longer posts. I miss the typos and the bipolar paranoid periods.

Fel - Honest, no-nonsense and straight to the point, Fel speaks his mind and does so in a way I can but admire.

BTA - We had a bad start... but since sorted it out. I can't say I know the guy a lot, but he's one of the the few mods whose presence in a thread doesen't make me nervous. He has a way of keeping idiots in line that will end up in the SP Hall of Fame someday.

Kit - That may seem hard to believe, but Kit's actually one of my favorite peeps. If I ever find myself in SLC for some obscure reason... whip out the booze.

Barmy - What a bag of mixed nuts! Sometimes he's fun to have around, some other times he just irritates the hell out of me.

Nakia - Grandma rogue is always nice, always kind and considerate. I still wonder how I managed to annoyed her...

Ofelix - Was actually the first peep I got to know when I joined... anyone remember my old "French Canadians, rise and shine!" thread? Ahh, the memories. :lol:

DotW - What a short-tempered, rude, unstable, unpredictible and selfish jerk. The biggest caffeine addict and phone geek I ever met in my whole damn life.

8people/Octara - From the little I know about her, this sounds like a great gal. I never really had a chance to know her, maybe someday that will change.

DS - Loves the finer things of life. If I ever find myself in the same town than this guy, I'm stopping by for a glass of booze and a cuban cigar.

Iku-Turso - Iku is a great guy, and he definitively would be a part of my circle of friends. Cheers, bro.

Gnarff - Like me, he's an avid hater of WWE and TNA's bonehead decisions. I don't know the guy a lot, but he seems to be a pretty decent guy.

Brallrock - Dan is another guy that definitively would be a part of my circle of friends. If I ever find myself in NY, I'll be stopping to sip a few cold ones with ya. Too bad he's not as around as much as he used to...

Also, a special mention to Uytuun. Charl, you always striked me as an utterly lovable gal. I'd definitively would like to get to know you a little better... even though you're not exactly around often.

And another special - very, very special - mention to Dragonfly. She's a hell of a lot of fun, got a great sense of humor and a laid-back personality all wrapped in a single package. When I make my way to the West Coast, I have a feeling she'll definitively be one of my closest friends. I love ya, honey. :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

likewise brother ;) :D

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This thread has turned out to be more more fascinating than I anticipated.

I wasn't going to say anything specific, but some of the previous comments about me have forced me to do so (either to prove people right, or to prove people wrong about me - I can't work out which.....)

Taluntain - Legend. But why on earth does he keep working so hard for us? He doesn't actually seem to ever play the games on this site.

Chevalier - Very strange person. But never wavers from his principles, which you have to admire. Used to always show off about how much he could drink, but maybe he has grown up a bit now.

Harbourboy - Of course I'm "distant". Ever looked on a map and seen how far away New Zealand is? But, yes, I too am puzzled as to where my post count came from. Maybe it needs to be audited.

kuemper - Ties with Aldazar as the person who seems to have the toughest life, as measured by the number of bad things that seem to happen to her. Not sure how she keeps going sometimes.

Arabwel - Hilarious. One of the many genuinely unique characters that have passed through this already crazy place.

Felinoid - Has never liked me for some reason, but definitely the guy I'd want in my corner if my life ever depended on D&D 2e winning a debate against 3e. Another one who seems to have been through some genuinely tough times over the years, which I would never wish on anyone.

Blackthorne TA - I wish there were more idiots around the Boards these days, if only to enjoy the way he keeps them in line, which is always hilarious (whether intentional or not).

Ragusa - Has mellowed out too much since being warned about one-eyedness, but now seems to have acquired a sense of humour

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot - The most sensible and rational poster on these Boards, full stop.

Aikanaro - One day, Aikanaro will manage to convince us of the merits of non D&D RP rules. One day.

Kitrax - His posts are always funny. His religious hatred of Apple is comical but you cannot go past some of his classic posts about what he gets up to when drunk. Always interesting because he doesn't sit on the fence.

Enagonios - Is nothing at all like Aikanaro so not sure where that comes from.

Barmy Army - If you can believe it, he was even more obnoxious when he was called Morsmordre. Spends far too much money on male accessories and half the time nobody can understand him because he types the way that he talks (which is not good given that none of us would be able to understand him if we heard his Yorkshire patter in person).

Nakia - Possibly the nicest person here, but a bit deluded, because she has this weird idea that I am humourous.

Ofelix - Gets so enthusiastic about things. I bet he is a fun guy to have at your parties.

Extremist - Before my time as well.

Disciple of the Watch - Brilliant. Another one who never sits on the fence, a bizarre mix of tough guy and geek. Never fails to entertain.

8people - Like Aikanaro, must have started posting here at age 4, because she's still super young. Has a unique outlook on life that we seldom see on the actual Boards.

Darkstrider - Yeah, a nice guy, but comes out with some weird comments sometimes. I bet he's actually odder in real life than some of the other people here who try harder to be offbeat.

Rallymama - I can't ever think of an occasion when I have disagreed with her. More of you should listen to her, because she is always right.

There, I've done it. This is such a one-of-a-kind place, really.

Actually, Splunge is right. Everyone on this list is clearly a dork. Get a life!!

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hokay, Harbourboy.

You are not roflmao funny but the smile and gentle chuckle funny. You have what I call a dry sense of humor (humour) which is the sneakiest kind because it even sneaks up on the perpetrator. :)

@DoTW, it was nothing you directed to me that annoyed me just some of your earlier posts. Geniuses always have a hard time relating to us lesser folk. :D :eek: :cool:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Clearly you haven't seen the terrible moustache I am growing for Movember (which, by the way is an extremely good cause - prostate cancer awareness - www.movember.com).

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Thank you for all the kind words, and for the criticisms. It's good to hear, every so often, and check in on the difference between how one is trying to express oneself, and what others perceive.

Taluntain - Somewhat rigid in his thinking, but that firmness is part of what makes SP a haven from much of the internet's idiocy.
    Chevalier - Chev doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as he used to, and I even enjoy discussions with him. Great arguments, but since I usually disagree with his fundamental assumptions I can't swallow the conclusions. I still end up skimming his longer diatribes, tho'.
    Harbourboy - Someone I wish I knew in real life, because I think he'd fit in really well with my circle of friends. Look me up any time you're in the States, dude!!
    kuemper - She seems OK, although I don't really know her well. With her life, she could be far more of a whiner than she is, so :thumb: there.
    Arabwel - I'm very glad to see that she's rising above her past and making something of a life for herself.
    Felinoid - Fel has always rubbed me the wrong way, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because I can't tell if he's being crazy on purpose, out of some odd sense of humor, or if he's just nuts? For the most part, i ignore him.
    Blackthorne TA - Always the voice of reason and sense.
    Ragusa - I like the new, mellower Ragusa. Always thought-provoking.
    Aldeth the Foppish Idiot - Someone else who always manages to make an argument or post some information that makes me think. If we didn't each have small children to tend to, I'd consider trying to get into a gaming group with him - one month in PA, one month in MD...
    Aikanaro - As sincere an atheist/anarchist as you'll find.
    Kitrax - Suffers from a *bit* of testosterone poisoning, which can be great fodder for pushing his buttons in the FAI. ;). All in all, an OK guy.
    Enagonios - I don't know him so well. He posts a lot of Sensorium stuff that whooshes right by me.
    Barmy Army - Down to earth and fun. The kind of guy I wish I'd met when I was 22 (aside from the smoking, that is ;) ).
    Nakia - Sis! So often I prepare to post, only to read a thread a bit farther and discover that Nakia has already said everything for me (Harbs does that sometimes to, come to think of it...). I can't believe that we're so close geographically and still haven't met F2F. Wanna add a stop in NJ to the SP gaming group? :roll:
    Ofelix - Young and enthusiastic. I hope he doesn't get jaded too soon.
    Extremist - I don't recall him well enough.
    Disciple of the Watch - A much more severe case of testosterone poisoning, and someone I generally ignore. Apparently, that sentiment is shared. :rolleyes:
    8people - A good egg. I like talking to her in the FAI.
    Darkstrider - A class act. Well-educated, with a broad range of experience that makes him great to talk to.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Testosterone poisoning? This thread gets more refreshing by the hour! :lol:

On a more serious note... I always rub you the wrong way so I'd rather ignore you and vice versa than cross you.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    ARGH!!! Yes! Yes I am a woman! *runs around in circles*

It appears I have been away for too long! :p

I'm really touched by the things you guys have said about me though, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :bigeyes:

You don't piss me off, really, I just tend to have a silly threshold a little lower nowadays, I never meant to cause offense.

Probably didn't help the times I usually saw you were when DM and I were in full swing IRC battles :p I should hope I'm not so annoying as I was then though, I know I was a pretty big brat for most my time here, and have grown a fair bit!

Guess I should give my opinions on people, hmm?

Taluntain - An excellent administrator who has always seemed fair in his dealings. Has done an excellent job maintaining this site and nurturing this community.

Chevalier - Don't really see him around in the channel much anymore, have always found it a little sad and infuriating with his opinions on women, but I don't know what his experiences are.

Harbourboy - Not really spoken with him much, from what I have read he seems like an alright guy ;)

kuemper - An amusing and thoughtful poster, seems to be quite creative, and from what I have read on the forums (admittedly not much) has a similar creative approach as I do. Hoping things are going well for her.

Arabwel - Always found her a little intimidating in her manner, tbh, she has always been a very vivid character from the beginning of me knowing her and I hope she finds peace with herself and those around her.

Felinoid - Cat on acid. Seriously :eek: delights in the ridiculous and dwells within the halls of silly. Come out the clouds a bit, would be nice to see you a little more grounded sometimes :)

Blackthorne TA - I just remember the Peanut Butter thread. :lol: Always seemed to be a cool guy, yet elusive!

Ragusa - An amusing debater, never really read much of the Alleys but he seems to have a clear style of stating his points and acoiding most offense.

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot - An interesting character, do not know him well personally, he adds an exceptional amount of detail and thought to the boards.

Aikanaro - Sadly missing from the chatroom nowadays! Though we usually were complete opposites on many discussions it was fun having you around.

Kitrax - Dear gods! The lad that truly made me understand why people say "men never grow up" :p if it goes bang, contains alcohol, or is female, he appears to enjoy it.

Enagonios - Not much known about him, tbh, I remember him around quite often, didn't you have the Godsmen Guard avatar for a while?

Barmy Army - Name says it all? ;) A true character, proud to share an island with you, m'dear, Britain needs all the classical eccentrics it can get, while on the mild end of that scale, you complete it :D

Nakia - Amazing! I used to feel a little intimidated at first, I felt worried I'd offend her by being too childish or seemingly rude. Now I enjoy talking to her, she's a wonderful lady and a real gem on SP.

Ofelix - Seems a nice enough lad, though I've never felt that close to him. I fear my view of him may be clouded by personal opinions on particular activities, however, they do seem to be his main conversational topic :p

Extremist - Dearly missed, I still think of him often and hope to hear some news about him, good or ill, would help set my mind at rest knowing how he was. I always admired him on the forums.

Disciple of the Watch - I'm afraid I don't know much about you, sir, your picture on SPMP is pretty awesome though, if I do say so myself :D

8people - Awesomeness incarnate.
    >_>
    <_<
    joking.

Darkstrider - Quite a cool guy, have roleplayed with him for quite a while and he plays very well. Seems strangely absent, I shall have to catch up on the forums to discover the reasoning for this!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
    Kitrax likes this.
  9. Disciple of The Watch

Why, thank you. :D

Out of curiosity... which pic are you refering to?

Tell you what... I'll try and visit the FAI more often when time allows, and then maybe we can get to know each other a little better. How does that sound?

Looking at my earlier posts, I understand what annoyed you - hell, closely looking at my old posts, I even annoy myself! :lol:

And I'm not a genius... a schizophrenic misfit artist would better describe me. :lol:

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The pic with green hair rocks, anyone with green hair gets cool points in my book, seriously, it wins big time! :D But the newest pic amuses me as well, it's cool, but also got an expression of mild bewilderment as if you're not entirely sure why you're taking this picture, but it sure seemed like a good idea fifteen seconds earlier ;)

And visit the room more! :D Then again I encourage most people I know to take a look in from time to time. I'm also trying to get more action on the forums, like I've said, been away too long! :xx:

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Man, I'm not in the top 20 anymore? Used to be in the top 10 god damn it!!

12. Disciple of The Watch

That bewildered air is almost my trademark...

And interesting you like the pic with green hair - now that my hair is back to an adequate length, I'm getting them dyed this week and I was still unsure which color to pick -- since you like green hair, then I'll get them dyed green - grass green - again. I'll also make sure to upload a few pics to satiate the green-lover in you. :D

The fence is not comfortable to sit on. :shake: :lol:

You're actually hit the nail straight on the head when describing me as a badass/geek mix... paradoxal, but that's how I roll.

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, there goes our newly-reclaimed neighborhood. :(

:p

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Bah, don't worry, I'll keep off your lawn :p

15. Harbourboy

I watch a lot of Handy Manny and Bob the Builder.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@8people

haha I'm afraid I've never had a non-gem avatar (at least since the new gem system was introduced). Yeah, I used to post a loooooot back when BG2 came out too. Should've read the FAQ where it said you could change your screen name. As it is, I disappeared for a while (read: discovered girls :p) then when I finally came back, I made a new account. Hmph, those 500posts and 2001 join date would've bumped my rep power up by quite a bit :D

@Tal

I don't suppose I could presuade you to tack em onto my current account? ;) I mean, I did make it back then to meet you when you were still the Pink Dragon :D

Oh, and how DO you upload pics onto the msn group? :confused: I was planning to upload a couple but can't seem to figure out how :O

I don't suppose you guys would want to make a multiply account and then upload our pics there? :rolleyes: ;)

Also, I will now attempt to spend more time in the Alleys and at least try and impart SOME semblance of personality. After all, if I end up disappearing again, I don't just wanna be the guy that posted a lot in the Sensorium :p

(I post quite a bit in Booktalk too you know :p)

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...that's actually the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. :D

8 - You'll always be the innocent little trout-saving girl in the FAI to me... :p :rolling:

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Enagonios, I can merge accounts now. PM me the exact details of everything. As for your group questions, I suggest you open a new thread so that we don't go completely off-topic in here.

Marceror likes this.
  19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Hmm, wandered away and forgot about this thread.

It shall never happen :p
    I've actually given up trying to convince anyone around here of anything - with the superiority of non-D&D rules being the topmost on the list of things not to argue about on the forums. For some reason, those threads seem to get more heated than any political discussion.
    So having pretty well sworn off posting in the D&D forum, AoDA, AoLS, and RP Corner, there is precious little to do here anymore :p

20. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    So sayeth the one with >5000 posts :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.