1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Opinions

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    These are the top 20 posters of this board, in ascending order.
    Let them know what you think of them, no holds barred - let 'em rip!!

(Anyone who knows me, know I'm a pretty genuine guy and generally speak my mind, sometimes something of a WUM, but I take some gip back! What I'm saying is, try not to turn this into a flame-war ;))

Taluntain - Alright, skipper! The big man. Fair in his rulings, I reckon. Other than being told off by him a few times for being an idiot, I've never really had a great deal to do with him.
    Chevalier - I can't say as I've ever heard/seen him say a single bad word about anyone. What a genuinely good-hearted fellow. If slightly bizarre. Much 'spec to the Chev. I actually have him on MSN!!! (the rare occasions I'm found there)
    Harbourboy - Yeah, he's alright really, isn't he. For a Kiwi. Took finishing behind England in the WC remarkably well. Sometimes a bit distant... ?
    kuemper - Nah, not a fan. Never seen eye-to-eye, and considering her complete ignorance of a 'clear the air' apology I sent to her some time back (despite not thinking I was in the wrong anywhere), probably never will.
    Arabwel - Got the grumps on and did one when given a plaque, if I remember. I must say, I thought she'd eventually crack and be back before long -got to the respect that kind of determination.
    Felinoid - The slightly hyper cat-lover. Yeah, he's sound really. Comes across as a nice guy.
    Blackthorne TA - The immovable object. I'm praying for the day someone comes on the boards and genuinely pisses him off. What a spectacle that would be.
    Ragusa - Keepin' it real for the US bashing crew. Someone's got to keep the Yanks in line, eh Ragmeister!
    Aldeth the Foppish Idiot - Much respect out to my favourite board poster. Fair play to the open-minded Aldeth, willing to listen to anything you post, and write a considered, meaningful reply. Great guy.
    Aikanaro - Get him and Enagonios mixed up.
    Kitrax - Can't see eye to eye with him, not sure why, I find him a bit abrasive but serious with it. To be fair, probably couldn't give a camels hump juice what I reckon, either. Probably like him if I got to know him.
    Enagonios - Get him and Aikanaro mixed up.
    Barmy Army - It's me. I'm not allowed to blow my own trumpet.. I'd be going on forever else!
    Nakia - Granny Naks!
    Ofelix - A good poster in what is, lest not forget, his 2nd language.
    Extremist - Unfortunately, bit before my time, but evidently something of a legend.
    Disciple of the Watch - Black! Black!!! BLACK!!!! (one for the Fast Show fans). Don't disagree with this guy, you won't be right.
    8people - Doesn't post on the boards any more, I understand she's in the Chat Room all the time under a different name, but I very rarely go there so not sure! Get back here and posting. Never gives anyone reason to dislike her, really. Nice lass.
    Darkstrider - Can you imagine him being nasty to someone? I can't, really. Fair play. Cool avatar an' all.
    Rallymama - The mother figure of the board. If you can pick a fault with this person, then you're one harsh S.O.A.B. I think Rally is awesome, really do.

But NO, where is DR, Splunge, Pac Man et al, the legends that are. Get some more posting done, fellas.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The reason I didn't respond to your "apology" is because I had nothing "nice" to say to you or about it.

Generally, everyone is okay. Anyone I think is a total prat already knows it.

And I like how you want no hold's barred opinions, then remind people not to flame. :rolleyes:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Taluntain – Alpha and Omega. Nuff said.
    Chevalier – Sir Spam-A-Lot and generally a nice guy.
    Harbourboy – For a time, I wondered about him, but he’s turned out to be ok…even though he’s living an iLife… :p
    kuemper – Not sure what to say. She’s usually pretty funny when she wants to be.
    Arabwel – I haven’t seen the queen of Spam and Typos in a long time. I’m reserving my opinion until she shows up again.
    Felinoid – Fel is awesome. Go Packers!
    Blackthorne TA – BTA is knowledgeable, and the fact that he’s from So. California makes him that much cooler. :thumb:
    Ragusa – Typical USA hater…nuff said.
    Aldeth the Foppish Idiot – Very respectful and unbiased, and generally a nice guy.
    Aikanaro – I’ve got nothing against him, but never really “connected” with him.
    Kitrax – Hey look! I’m in the top 20! :p
    Enagonios – Same as Aik.
    Barmy Army - Typical USA hater. Needs to change his title to “European Sports Guru” since he hates all North American sports. Can be rather pompous at times.
    Nakia – Nakia is the coolest old lady I’ve ever met.
    Ofelix – Nice guy. Made me rethink my opinion of French Canadians.
    Extremist – He *is* the stuff of legend. And like most legends, he’s been lost in time. :bad:
    Disciple of the Watch – He’s the biggest phone geek I’ve ever met who backs his knowledge up with a short temper.
    8people – Saving the world, one trout at a time. :p I don’t know why she stopped posting on the boards, as she’s pretty cool in the chatroom.
    Darkstrider – He’s only been here for a fairly short time, and is already a Distinguished Member, with a pretty high post count. Anyone willing to drop $500 on these boards deserves a pat on the back from every other member.
    Rallymama – Rally’s a down to earth mom who’s actually pretty cool.

Honorable mention:
    Beren - He's my favorite Admin. When he's actually active in the chatroom, he's a good guy to talk to. :thumb: :rolling:

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    I'm not a USA hater Kitrax. Not really. I don't really 'hate' anything. If I'm being pompous, I'm probably just on the wind up. I don't think Ragusa is either, really. He just messes about. I get the feeling he's like me and takes people on their merits.

You just don't get mardy if someone says something you don't like in this thread. That leads to 'flame wars'. I didn't want a thread where everyone goes 'Awww, he/she/it's great!', may as well be honest. Simple really.

By the way, I notice it and appreciate it in people when they are being genuine and honest, as that's how I like to think am - you can only expect to be treated as you treat, as my mother always said ;).

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'm going to skip a few people (well, quite a few really) who I don't feel I know enough to judge. That'll probably leave mostly nice stuff, as I generally like everyone on the boards, and certainly have nothing against anyone.

Taluntain - Thinking back, I remember being "told off" a couple of times from doing silly things, but rarely have I seen it done so courteously. I've seen him slam a few people on occasion, but from what I remember they really were asking for it. I think "fair in his rulings" is spot on.

Chevalier - Very nice and friendly guy. Generally disagree with him on almost all levels regarding religion and any social issues that can be approached from that perspective, yet have never had an argument with him. Manages to always keep it to a "friendly discussion" level, no matter how serious he is about a topic.

Arabwel - Undisputed Queen of Spam. Loved cats, if I remember. Had some crazy conversations over PM with her. She can be very funny when she wants to be, although she does sometimes take things too personally.

Felinoid - I wasn't too sure about him at first, but then found him to be a nice guy.

Blackthorne TA - I don't know if he really is very sarcastic or it's just an impression I get because of internet impersonality. If it's the former, it certainly adds a great deal of fun to some Alley posts.
    EDIT: Readings Nakia's later post I realise that "sarcasm" is the wrong word. "Dry humour" is the perfect fit!

Aldeth The Foppish Idiot - Probably the mildest person I know when it comes to argument. Always willing to listen (well, read), and always with a courteous reply. Very nice guy.

Barmy Army - A little too direct for my taste, but at least you know exactly where you stand with him. Never had a problem with him personally. His posts can be fun too read, if a little too incensed at times (or it might just be that English sense of humour of his :p ).

Ofelix - Don't know him well, but from what I've seen a very nice guy.

Nakia - Awesome person! I have to say probably one of my favourite posters. She's always nice, she's always friendly, she's always considerate of other people's opinions... she even started a thread about how much she loves the boards and the people there!

Anyone I've left out - it's not because I don't like you, I just don't know you well enough to comment either way. In short: it's not you, it's me! :p

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hmm considering I can count on my fingers the number of times I've posted in the alleys..

my post count leads me to believe that I spend way too much time in the sensorium :D

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Tal - We don't always see eye to eye on some subjects, but I always understand his reasoning. And keeping this place going despite how much work he has to do for his RL job...hell, I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd *never* gotten this board move done, but he managed it anyway. :)

chev - The son my father always wanted. :lol: Religious, pious, fair judgement, and a good sense of humor. Plus he's a lawyer (high-paying job) besides! A damn good guy I don't talk to nearly as much as I should.

HB - A bit dull for my tastes. I'm almost certain he puts on the "stupid" act simply to get questions answered that need to be answered, but regardless most of his posts end up a bit too uninteresting for me. He's a good guy, I'm just not fond of his posting habits. *shrug*

kuemper - We used to be really close, but we seem to have drifted apart. :/

Ara - Love her to pieces. She can be a bit paranoid at times, but that's just the bipolar talking. You'll never meet a sweeter CE in your life, Thog (from OotS) included.

me - Thanks for the nice words, peeps. :)

BTA - Fair to a fault. I see him like Astinus, a Dragonlance character thought to be an avatar of Gilean, the god of knowledge; always observing and cataloging, only interfering when it's necessary. The ultimate arbiter, and probably the best choice Tal could ever have made for a co-admin.

Ragusa - Having been around back before he was banned from the Alleys, and seeing some of his posts now, I'd have to say he's grown up a bit. He's more fair-minded toward the opposition while still keeping his views intact. Glad to have you back, Rags.

Aldeth - Probably the biggest fan of my Quayle story. :shake: His posts are always meaningful, and I respect his opinions, especially as he's *always* willing to consider that he may be wrong (a rare trait). If I was going to pick someone to follow all the posts of, it'd probably be a toss-up between him and Nakia, and considering how much I like Nakia, that's saying something.

Aik - Don't see much of him anymore. Gotten a bit easier to distinguish him from Enagonios since entering the chatroom, since Aik is and op there and Enagonios doesn't visit it AFAIK, but still really not enough fodder to base an opinion on.

Kit - Tech geek of the Boards. I like how he tries to help out people with his guides, but I don't get to talk to him much in the chatroom because of the hours he keeps. Obviously a decent guy, but can't really judge past that.

Enagonios - Aside from the impression of him staying mostly in the Sensorium, I know bupkis about him.

Barmy - I have never seen a harder shell with a softer center. :p Seriously, man, you care way too much about what other people think of you. Just relax, be yourself, and don't try to fix things; they usually end up worse when you do that. You're a stand-up guy, and you don't have to worry about that so much.

Nakia - Great RPer and a greater person. If she lived to be a thousand, I've no doubt that halfling inside of her would still never die. You may have heard some people referred to as "old souls"; well, she's a young soul, through and through. I can only imagine how much she must invigorate the people who get to see her in person.

Ofelix - Practically SP's mascot since Ara left. I'm not sure if he actively cultivates the "noob" personality, but the humility certainly seems to work for him. Always glad to see him post, but for no reason I can really put my finger on.

Extremist - He hated SK even more than I dislike 3e, if the legends are true. But he's been gone far too long for me to know him.

DotW - Decent guy, but for some reason I get the feeling I shouldn't get too close. Maybe it's that temper of his. Knows cell phones like noone should have a right to. :shake:

8people/Octara - I seem to have a knack for pissing her off without trying to. :o Wish I knew how to stop it, because she's a great person that I'd like to be friends with.

DS - Great RPer and a nice guy, but something in RL seems to be keeping him away from Boards and chatroom alike. Whatever it is, I'd like to smash it. :smash:

Rally - To be perfectly honest, I got a really bad vibe from her from the beginning. I could never explain it, so I tried to ignore it, especially since Nakia thinks so highly of her. But it still makes me rather uncomfortable when she's around.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    That's what it's about Fel, that's what we want.

That's what I was thinking as well, but couldn't put my finger on what it was. Great trait that, extremely rare.

9. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I don't like to rate friends, atleast not publicly. ;)

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm... I'm not sure I'm so comfortable with doing this. I mean, can you give a negative opinion of someone without it sounding like a flame? My basic feeling is to take everything I hear in stride and not step on too many toes - especially the mods, as they are basically gods here, and can smite all who are unworthy. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they have a god complex, or anything like that - just god-like powers.

I think I would prefer to just group them. I hardly ever visit the chatrooms, so it's very difficult for me to have much of an opinion of them at all.

I've already covered the moderators, Tal and BTA.

Either because their main activity on the forums were before my own, or because they tend not to post in the forums I frequent, I am unable to form an informed opintion on kuemper, Arabwel, Airkanaro, Enagonios, Extremist and 8people.

Of the remaining people, my main interactions with all of them are in the Alleys. While I frequently do not agree with their opinions, I respect all of them. I really have nothing negative to say about any of them. Except that prick Barmy - such a typical arrogant Brit j/k :)

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Bitch. The date is off. You can get your hand off my mallet now as well. ;)

12. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I don't have something to say about all of the above, just a few:

Taluntain - Runs a tight ship. Fair and honest. On top of that, authored the immortal "Imoen Rocks" reply.
    Chevalier - All around nice guy. Class act in the Alleys.
    Arabwel - I miss Ara. She was good crazy (where as I can be bad crazy) and brought a lot of seasoning to the board.
    Blackthorne TA - I can honestly say I have learned alot from the even keeled one. So many times I was losing my mind in the Alleys (or Whatnots before the Alleys) and BTA would come in with a sensible, honest, and steady reply. I marvel at his ability to not get emotionally distracted or flame baited.
    Ragusa - We don't see eye to eye.
    Aldeth the Foppish Idiot - Another even keel.
    Extremist - Another one that I miss. He could really bring it. I never saw such use of :mad: in my life. He never flinched. It's really a little too quiet without him.
    8people - A real sweetheart. I always looked at her as the boards little sister. Too bad she doesn't post any more.
    Rallymama - Another fan of Rally.

I have to say, most of the people here are nice. It's a great community and it's the reason that I come back.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    For my part, I welcome any and all frank opinions. I hear them rarely enough! :lol:

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Taluntain – Tal has helped me a lot and promptly responds when I PM him. I thank him for this Board and all the hard work he has done. Sorcerer's Place was a mind saver for me.
    Chevalier – My adopted son...er grandson. Love him.
    Harbourboy – He isn't posting much anymore. There is a trick to understanding some of his posts. Some of his past posts were very funny but they went past a lot of people. Guess it helps to have a dry sense of humor (humour). :p
    kuemper – Haven't had much to do with her lately. Our interests have diverged but she is a great poster.
    Arabwel – I miss her both here and in the chat-room.
    Felinoid – He is my guru in 2.5ed, Morrowind and a lot of other things. :) And he understands me all too well sometimes. :lol: He knows how to spell!
    Blackthorne TA – I check his posts just for that dry sense of humor I love.
    Ragusa – Sometimes I agree with him and sometimes I disagree but I'm glad he is back in the Alleys.
    Aldeth the Foppish Idiot – Excellent poster and always worth reading.
    Aikanaro – Don't know him well enough to comment.
    Kitrax – Always willing to help others with technical details. My current computer is based on specs he gave me. He did a lot of research so I could get what I wanted and could almost afford. :)
    Enagonios – Same as Aik.
    Barmy Army - Since I'm not a big sports fan our paths don't cross much. A bit outspoken sometimes but my gut feeling is he posts the way he speaks in real life. Sometimes I find Barmy Army utterly hilarious. Rotflmao funny. :spin:
    Ofelix – Nice guy and his English is so good I was surprised when I found out he was French-Canadian.
    Extremist – Don't know enough to post anything.
    Disciple of the Watch – :lol: Annoyed me in the beginning but I've gotten to like him.
    8people/Octara - I've gotten to know her in the chat-room and she is great. She is my muse.
    Darkstrider – I loved RPing with him and miss him both here and in the chat-room.
    Rallymama – :) My adopted twin. Two minds that think alike on many subjects.

I'd love to give honorable mention to some of the people I've met in the chat-room but will control myself.

Nakia-Me. The only reason I don't have foot-in-mouth disease here is because I have a chance to reread what I am about to post. :eek:

(This post is subject to editing at anytime)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

8people is a woman...? :doh:

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Taluntain - A bit too pro-unbending-rules for my tastes. Changing his mind on something is a bit like attacking an impenetrable wall with a sledgehammer. No matter how hard you hit, it's still an impenetrable wall :p

chevalier - He was cooler when he was utterly paranoid that every mod and op was out to get him :p I'm sure we'll never agree on anything, but chev is good at not being too infuriating about that.

Harbourboy - I wonder continuously how he got this large a post count ... no other comments, really.

kuemper - Don't know that well.

Arabwel - I consider her to be a good friend. She's almost certainly the internet entity that I've known the longest.

Felinoid - I don't like. I honestly can't remember why, but I know that there is some reason I don't like you. Sorry. :p

BTA - never spoken to him in depth, but his posts are generally worthwhile.

Ragusa - Don't mind him at all ... except for when he completely hijacks a thread to some form of anti-American rant, but he doesn't do that quite as often these days, so all's well.

Aldeth - Don't know very well.

Aikanaro - I am pretty great.

Kitrax - Don't *really* know him all that well, though I'm under the impression that he's un-lame.

Enagonios - Here is someone with taste :p I seem to agree with him frequently, somehow, despite pretty minimal interaction with him. Plus we both have shiny rogue stones and seem to, according to this thread, get overlooked by everyone.

Barmy Army - Don't know him terribly well.

Nakia - No opinion.

Ofelix - Don't know very well.

Extremist - Very rarely encountered him, probably mostly due to timezones.

Disciple of the Watch - Is this the guy who changed his name a million million times? I suspect so, but can't really remember. Anyway, don't know that well.

Octara - Mixed feelings. I like her but she annoys me. Of course, I don't think I've had a serious conversation with her for probably well over a year. Were I setting out on a mission to find intelligent, creative people who I don't clash too horribly with, she'd probably be quite high up the list. Which I suppose makes it less 'mixed feelings' than 'mostly positive feelings with a few bad vibes that are probably irrelevant now'. As perhaps an added bonus, she's probably the person I expended the most mental effort on in writing this post, so that has to be good for something...

Darkstrider - Don't know very well.

Rallymama - I quite like Rally, though to be honest, the tone she takes on anything regardly children in the Alley is a bit infuriating.

Well, that was an enjoyable exercise. Makes me want to head back into #sorcerers - if the channel could somehow be sent back in time to 'the good old days' :p

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I can sum up the top 20 in one word - Dorks!

Who else but a dork would spend so much time posting on a CRPG board?

Of course, that could probably be applied to the top 500 as well, so I guess I shouldn't be so smug.

:p

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well Splunge, we're both in the top 30 ... glass houses ... stones ... all that.

I have no desire to comment on each person, but I will say this is the only board I regularly visit (much to the chagrin of others here). I like the format and semi-formal environment Tal has created and maintained (I can't understand 1337). If I didn't like/respect those on SP I wouldn't come back.

... please refrain from pm'ing insults in a mass campaign to drive me away.

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's why I said I shouldn't be smug. :D

Hey, if I stopped doing that, I wouldn't PM at all! :p

20. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

dont really know too many of them all that well, so ill just do the ones i know.

-Tal
    Helped me out with some multiplayer BG issues

-Harbourboy
    Harbourboy is a Kiwi? Thats awesome, there is what 3, 5? of us here. Read some of his posts, like what i saw.

-Felinoid
    probably who i have the most contact with, both here and in the Chatroom discussing mods for BGII and stuff.

-Octara
    pretty much the same as with Fel, chatroom

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.