1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

online gameplay

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Leukael Crescentmoon, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Leukael Crescentmoon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I was wondering if alot of people play online? Is it more enjoyable?? I think it would be (i haven't yet cause i have to get a new driver for the modem for my new pc..) but i would imagine you have to turn up the difficulty a little... oh another question i have... is there alot of decent "homemade modules" being showcased on the servers?? I am trying to make my own, but one of my files got corrupted... and now i am starting over... while still working on my game...
    Leukael Cm

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

There are hundreds of downloadable modules of highly variable quality available already and more on the way.

As for multiplayer play, it is more fun if everyone plays together and plays reasonably well. Bad or grief players can make things miserable, naturally.

The difficulty does not necessarily need to be adjusted, since many of the monsters are placed by "encounter", which means the game polls the PC group for size and level before selecting an appropriate set of monsters.

The ideal online situation is with a DM controlling the adventure and that is more than enough 'difficulty' adjustment as it is.

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The best situation is where you can join up with a bunch of friends and play a game all together. You can have a guy DMing, the rest players, just like Friday night PnP.

I have found though, that unless you know who you are playing with, most people tend to be either powergamers, major jerks, or simply newbie PKers.

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Be wary of the public gamespy servers. I stay well away, as it's very hard to find a good one that isn't just the online single player without wasting alot of time. And yes, most of them don't have alot of quality gamers of them, though I have met a few. I'd suggest playing the single player campaign on a password protected server with friends (just start up a game with one person hosting it and give your friends the password of the week...really simple). Though for multiplayer, I'd also suggest finding a good downloadable module and playing it in the above fashion with your friends. I don't enjoy the single player campaign that much online because of the way conversation with npc's is handled (damn hard to follow sometimes if you're not the one talking). Perhaps the best bet is to find a module with a little less long winded dialog and give that a try.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.