1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

One thing you'd like to do before you die

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Clixby, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm not naturally a morbid person, but I've been thinking about what would allow me to feel I haven't just wasted my life.
    Personally, I'd just like to make a difference. I don't want to just live my life, doing what I need to get along, dying a discreet death and being forgotten.
    Any other fatalists out there want to share their "to do before I die" lists?

2. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

To create a meaningful action. The action must be completed in it's entirety by myself, so it's meaning can exist entirely within myself. By doing such an action I force my meaning upon the world and find my complete existence.

I'm still trying to figure what philosophically makes something meaningful.

[ March 02, 2006, 22:28: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Absolutely nothing. :p I think the best thing for the planet is if I didn't make any sort of impact on it, because my kind of 'impact' is frequently very disruptive and I'd say the world is doing just fine in screwing up by itself. ;)

4. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'd like to start a family.

And, as Dredg expressed so eloquently:

:)

5. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

To feel like I earned the right to live,
    To do something worthy of the world.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ok, if nobody else is going to drop the old classic, I guess I'll have to...

Cry for help.

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    The only thing I wanted to do was have some children, and I've already done that :grin:

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Fall in reprociated love. (preferably with Enrique Iglesias :p )

9. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Pass on the family name. (Falstaff)

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    See my children well-established in their chosen careers and happily partnered.

That, and bicycle across the country.

11. Lost Meme Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Go on a epic adventure filled with romance, a really good plot, a moderate amount of peril (I want to keep all my body parts) and a nice cup of tea- no wait, two nice cups of tea.
    Basically just play Baldur's Gate or something, but in RL.

[ March 05, 2006, 23:01: Message edited by: Lost Meme ]

12. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Leave my mark and be a part of that which has shaped history, and go down i the history books.

That and get a GF :p

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Discover the secret of immortality.

14. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

To forge a legend that will live forever in song and story. What less?

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Live to see some happy and healthy grandchildren.

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Having lived a long and productive life I have reached the stage where I'm more apt to ask "Did I fullfill my dreams?".

To a great extent I have. When I look back I see things I wish I hadn't done or said and things I wish I had done differently but on the whole I am satisfied with my life.

It was filled with love and tradgedy and I did the best I knew how.

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I want to be content before I die

18. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

So many, many things, I don't even know where to begin.

1. Fulfill my dreams
    2. Fulfill my kids? dreams
    3. Really be the best that I can be
    4. ...just live HAPPY

There is defenetly a lot more things, but I think as long am happy, I should be fine

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I second that! :smash:

seriously though, I'd like to travel the world over. :thumb: :rolling:

20. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    "Meaningless, meaningless, everything is meaningless." Ecclesiastes 1:1 NIV. Encouraging, isn't it? It gets worse. If you ever want to commit suicide, but your not sure, read that book first, then you'll be sure.
    Seriously, though, I want to see ball lighting, I want to see a lighting snow storm, and I want to see Sequoia National Park.
    As for immortality, who wants to live forever in this lame universe? I've only been here 22 years and I've already wanted to kill myself more than once. I can't imagine living here forever, that'd be hell.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind being struck by lightning, either, but that's probably the way I would die. I've kinda got a thing for lightning, if you couldn't tell.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.