1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Once more to our deaths!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Cap'n CJ, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

2. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Yep. Hoping for more. :)

3. Leon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

awesome story, i just registered to comment ya, nice writin but it looks like your character is always angry, jealous and a bit of drunk stud :bad:
    Nice story keep up writing, btw are there any stories like this?
    and also.. the Baldurs gate books looks like this? what appears there?.. Thanks for info and keep writing

4. Athos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Nice story indeed. Makes me wanna write about my own misadventures hahahaha! Maybe on a next run through.

What's Kray's aligment, btw?

5. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Personally I wouldn't say he's overly any of those things, but whatever you want to read into it, I suppose.

It makes the game a lot more fun to have people follow your story :)

Also, so that I had a bit of free reign as to actions, Kray is True Neutral.

6. Al the Dumb Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Are the adventures of Kray still running?

7. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I just wanted to bump this to say that I do plan on continuing it, maybe this weekend. I got sidetracked massively by other games unfortunately.

Hopefully some of my regular readers will return :D

Edit: Thinking about this thread made me want to post again, so here's a short update!

With the party now at 6, the decision is taken to have a rest. Several people are sporting minor injuries, and Branwen says she needs time to pray… Nutter.

The night passes uneventfully, with the party relaxing in the carnival. Good food, roaring fires, and comfortable beds are on offer, and this is a chance for the group to forget all the hardships they’ve gone through and have some fun!

However, as is often the way, the fun is shortlived. Kray sidles into a tent to have some fun, and is immediately pickpocketed! Happily, the party is pretty loaded at this point, and Kray is “merry”, so a fight is avoided. That’s probably a first for the supercrew.

In the morning, the light seems a little brighter, the air smells a little sweeter – The party are content. However, before long it’s time to get suited and booted, grab a sword, and get back to what they do best; Chopping up evil things and stealing all their stuff.

Before leaving, Imoen insists they should search the rest of the carnival tents. She claims it’s to see what else is for sale, but Kray has a sneaking suspicion that she intends to steal everything that isn’t nailed down. Then pry those things up and steal them. Then steal the nails. Regardless, the party agree and get to searching. Most of the tents are full of nothing more than unguarded shelves, nothing of much interest. However, one tent does contain mystery, intrigue, danger… And now a pair of corpses.

You see, it all started when the party walked in on a pair of mages. One of them was clearly off his rocker, and threatening to kill the other if we came closer. What’s a Fighter/Mage to do? We couldn’t just leave, he was sure to kill her. However, he was so unhinged that if we stayed he’d probably attack us too. Tricky situation, requiring quick thinking, tact, and diplomacy. Unfortunately, Kray spoke first. On reflection, referring to him as an "old fool" might not have been a stellar move.

Before we could stop him, he finished off his spell and killed the poor lass. The fight that ensued was short, bloody, and a little unfair, given that he was outnumbered 6:1. Feeling bad for not preventing his attack on the other mage, we left the tent. At least, 5 of us did. Imoen strolled out a few moments later, whistling nonchalantly, with her sack looking quite a lot heavier than when we went in. Later on, she would hand a magic robe to Kray, to protect him. Unfortunately, the biggest danger to his life is his mouth, so maybe a gag would be more appropriate. Still, every little helps.

(I actually intended to save the mage, but I couldn't remember which dialogue options did it. I was hoping that by insulting him he'd ignore her and go for us first. He didn't.)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  8. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Whee! Nice one CJ ;)

9. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Yeah. Keep it coming. :)

10. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    So, my save is messed up again. Minsc has suddenly started whining about finding Dynaheir, even though we already found her. Obviously there's no point in me trekking to the gnoll fortress, as she's not there. I tried using the console to put her next to the party, then have her join, die, and leave, but then if I try to save after this, I get an assertion error and the game crashes. Not sure what to do about this.

Edit: Okay, I think i've fixed the issue. At least, Minsc hasn't said anything else lately. Therefore. the misadventure continues!

Looking over the world map, it's hard to ingore the fact that we've travelled in almost a completely straight line south. With so many areas still undiscovered, it's clearly time to go exploring. As usual, Ajantis leads the way. We start off by returning to Beregost, to tie up a few loose ends.

It's quite a profitable visit. We end up with a brand new magical ring, courtesy of a lovely woman who had tried previously to send a message. We'd found the messenger dead, and decided that returning the parchment was definately on our to-do list. with this, and a couple of other good deeds done, we head East to the temple and decide to explore the surrounding countryside. Things were going fine at first, but then we bumped into a large group of wolves.

These weren't just any wolves though, they were Dread Wolves and Vampirifc Wolves and other such creatures. This was a problem, as the party found out, as the latter can only be harmed by magic weaponry, and the partys current tally of magic weapons is, er, 0. It was at this point that we bravely ran away. Will we make it out in time, or will the wolves get a tasty snack?

Tune in next time to find out!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If you kick out Minsc from the party and re-recruit him he doesn't whine about Dynaheir.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.