1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

OMG 8 int chars SUCK

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Laertiades, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Laertiades Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

OMG, I’m playing my Monk and having fun and all, I thought it funny and amusing how he talked with 8 int, said some funny stuff…

But dam!

He was totally retarded!!!

Down syndrome or something imo.

It got really anoying after a while, first ability score i got I used it to raise his int to 9, I couldn’t go through the game talking like that…

sucks because I could've really used the extra point in dex or con.

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, its nice to see that playing a moron is actually a disadvantage for a change.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

3. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31

Yea, I made sure my chara had at least 10 int to keep him from being a moron.

4. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Hmmmm. I understand the speech choices are "dumbed-down," but how else does this affect your character and his/her interactions?

5. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31

Many abilities rely on intelligance. Also I think it plays a small part in what you get from quests and stuff.

6. Achilles Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Cool! I'm glad they implemented this in NWN. One of the things I liked about the Fallout series of RPG's was the balance amongst the ability stats. Sure, you could lower your intelligence to 3 to boost strength etc, but your character would drool and be unable to say much more than "Uhhhh" in conversations. People would laugh at you, point at you, take advantage of you etc. but you'd be too stupid to realize it! :lol: In BG2 you could min/max and not be any worse off for it, which is pretty unrealistic.

7. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31

yea, all your stats must be balenced to an extent to make it as an adventurer. I like it like that.

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Achilles, yeah, but the REALLY annoying thing about 3 int in Fallout was not being able to do 3/4 of the quests because you couldn't talk on even a 5-year-old's level and get the quest from Joe Questgiver

9. Forashi Guest

Good thing about Fallout was that when you played an idiot, you really were playing an idiot. As for NWN, I don't thinkg playing with a character under 12 int is a good idea anyways, since raising the lower stat levels is so cheap and you even get extra levelup-points to spend on skills. Of course I rarely do play with dumb characters, takes the serious feeling out of the game.

10. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] You find it annoying to roleplay someone who can't speak properly? Then I'd say that character is not for you. :)
    Isn't it great that they have managed to implement this? I think it is!

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :D an int-8 is really something special :D , I admit I also put the the second stat increase I got in int to enable my char to speak fluently (as a powergamer I put the first in str). You can come along so-so with int-8; you can still choose a variety of parts, you just speak funny and get evil and caustic replies when you ask.

However, the real problem with low int is the lack of skill-points, that really hurts.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.