1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Offspring of a bhaalspawn, theories anyone?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Azardu, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Would a child of Bhaal be able to impregnate a normal mortal, or in the case of female spawn, bear the seeds of a mortal? What would the result be? One quarter god, three quarters mortal? And would he too be able to resurrect what would be his grandfather by causing enough carnage?
    Is a bhaalspawn even fertile? He is after all a bastard, a cross-breed. The result of a god and a mortal mating. The offspring of a horse and a donkey isn't fertile (or so I've heard). Do the rules of the mule apply to the bhaalspawn? And what about half-elves and half-orcs, are they fertile?
    Insights on these questions would be appreciated.
    Oh, and I nearly forgot, would Bhaal be a good granddad, bouncing the quarterspawn on his knee and bring presents on his birthday and the like?

Azardu

[This message has been edited by Azardu (edited June 01, 2001).]

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

It somewhat leads back to the discussion if gods have genes and all that. I'm not quite sure, but I would think your offspring would inherit some powers, though they would be far from what you have yourself

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Man, you got me here badly.

I strongly believed that BG3 is supposed to be based on Bhaal's grandson or granddaughter. Now I'm really in deep thinking...

About those half-races, I really never gave much thoughts on the topic, but then you should mention thieflings...

Hmmm, maybe if we ask d&d rules masters or BI?

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Your grandson confronts you "I want your power! and stabs you in the back... later he finds out you had an affair with some other women, uh oh, we start from the beginning again! =)
    ah, nothign like those family reunions

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hey!
    Why not?

1. You get the main character - the grandson.
    2. You get the enemy - you from BG 1 and 2 or Bhall himself.
    3. You get the motive.
    4. Those three mean you get the core story

However, if Bhaalspawn can't "reproduce", then all my hopes drop into water...

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

aaaah, yes! =) hehehe

as bhaal and your parent struggles, you bounce in and kill of all em, and you can become the new god of murder, or something, er.. well. yes =)

or perhaps you defeat bhaal and your parent comes to steal the power from you! hmm, there could be alot of options here

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Actually I would hope in the next BG series they would choose a different story altogether -- or at least not revolve around the Bhaalspawn.

8. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

I think that a bhaalspawn would be able to have children. You have to remember that you're not the child of a god but the child of the Avatar of a god. And an Avatar is still mortal despite whatever powers it has.

So it seems to me that if the Avatar had genes to pass on to a child, then the child should have genes as well.

9. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Half-elves can reproduce, I direct your attn to Arilyn Moonblade and Danilo Thann.

Not sure about Bhaalspawn though, I would assume so since Zeus(God) and Leto(mortal) had Apollo(god) who then fathered many hero mortals.

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

About the avatar, what is an avatar precisely? is the physical form of a god or..?

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Of course a bhaalspawn can get childeren, for Bhaal could also... I think you'r echilderen then will have specials powers too but not that much as you have, like you don;t have that much powers as Bhaal has.

12. Azardu Gems: 9/31

Ah, good points all of them. However, more questions arise...

Bateluer: Who are Arilyn Moonblade and Danilo Thann? I fear my knowledge of the realms is rather limited.

Headbanger: The Bhaalspawns are bastards, like mules which, if I remember correctly, can't have offspring. Why would it be different with the bhaalspawn? Given that it was possible though, I see a future for Bhaal bouncing 5-6 mean little slayers on his lap.

All: What about half-orcs? Are they able to reproduce? What about half-orc bhaalspawn? What plans did Bhaal have when he took orcish form and humped a human anyway? Or even uglier, human humping orcish female? Wouldn't it be easier to seduce the opposite sex if he was of the same race?
    And did he ever try humping a halfling while in human form? What would the results of that be, 3/4-lings? And while we're at it, half-dwarves, why didn't he make any of those? Slightly higher than the average dwarf and with a shorter beard I'd imagine.
    Any thoughts on this anyone?

13. jester1137 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Orc's can mate with anything, except elves. Hence Ogrillons and what not.
    Yeah, donkeys and horses make mules, but we're in a magical world here.
    I would assume that bhaal assumed the form of what ever race he was mating with. He's a god, why not. He made some cross breeds for the heck of it, he was hedging his bets and doing everything he could to make sure some of his spawn would survive.
    If you get into mythology, plenty of half-gods had kids with mortals.

14. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I don't think Bhaal would make a good grandfather, and I see no reason why bhaalspawn could not have children. It seems that in a fantasty world, there aren't that many rules for mating restrictions.

Can't you just see all the bouncing baby bhaals running around? ;)

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I disagree with you that all Bhaalspawn are bastards for you and Imoen are also childeren of Bhaal, but now evil. You have evil powers as Bhaalchild but you have also the possibility not to use the evil powers.

Arilyn Moonblade is one of the two best Asassins of the Realms. Danilo Thann is a good level 13 Bard who travels much with Moonblade.

16. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

Lokken: An avatar is a god's physical (and mortal) host in the prime material plane. Gods don't normally visit the PM plane but if you read the Avatar trilogy you'll find out that they got kicked out of "heaven" and had to take over their avatars in order to survive.

This is also the start of the whole BG series. It's the reason you're a bhaalspawn in the first place, and also the reason that Bhaal is dead.

17. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Arilyn is the daughter of Amnestria of Evermeet and a human ranger whose name escape me.

She and her mother were exiled from Evermeet because Amnestria was a princess in the royal family. Its not exactly a good thing for the princess to mix it up with a lowly human.

Amnestria had a moodblade in her possession when she left, which she left to her daughter. Arilyn was able to draw the blade and survive, becoming its lawful wielder.

In Elaine Cunningham's series Songs and Swords :Elfshadow, she meets Danilo Thann, a mage and bard. Throughout the series, the two fall in love and are wed at the end of Dream Spheres.

When reading the book Evermeet: Island of Elves, their are letters from Laeral, Khelban, Danilo, and Lamruil. While reading these letters, it is revealed that Arilyn is with child.

They are good books, Elfshadow, Elfsong, Silver Shadows, The Dream Spheres, and Evermeet. All by Elaine Cunningham, go get them today, most excellent reading.

18. DK is back Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Yes I think Bhaalspawn can have babies, just very scary looking ones. Humans and elves can have babies together, remember Tanis from dragonslayer series. So I think that why not Bhaalspawn can have babies, but I'm probably wrong.

19. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

Umm, why would children of bhaalspawn be scary? If the bhaalspawn doesn't look scary why would its child look scary?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.