1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, Tim Hardaway.

And of course Tim from Southpark. TIIIIIIIMMEEEEEEEH !!! :D

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Tim Horan. Nobody got past his tackles in the midfield.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Eeeeerm....Apeman.... what are you doing here ? Weren't you supposed to be in Lissabon ?

4. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

C'mon Holland!!!
    Possible set-up for this evening.
    Van der Sar, Stam, Overmars, Van der Meyden, Davids, Seedorf, Heitinga, Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Bouma, Bronckhorst.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Van der Meyden is out, he doesn't have it lately. I just don't understand why they keep ignoring Sneijder, the best shooter/passer Holland has.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

O, two quick goals, but Portugal still leading. Excitement, she wrote.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Pretty much an equal matchup, but Portugal had the best chances, and looked more determined to win. So i guess overall it's a well deserved win for Portugal.

8. Eaglearrow Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

That's a great success for Portugal. The finals in their home country, huui, it is going to be a long night on Portugal's street.

9. Harbourboy

Good on Portugal. They were looking a bit sad in the first couple of games but that home town support is finally coming through for them.

10. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I thought that the Portugese had rather unproper behaviour during the match. Especially the supporters, who seemed to whistle every time the Dutch got possesion of the ball.

This is also the first match I noticed that players were standing right in front of someone, when they were about to throw the ball. I didn't even know that was allowed. If I were Reiziger, I would at least have bumped into that guy 'accidently' when throwing the ball.

11. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Yes, well done Portugal, looks like a team reborn (and Figo was bloody everywhere). Holland, on the other hand, may have played their worst game of the tournament. Only had two decent chances. Ah well...

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Yes well if you have a nice unexpected rerouted spanish test exactly on this day and your whole study depends on it, you have to make a choice :mad:

I was pretty pissed by the way and the school knows that by now but after seeing the match it wasn't a big loss :(

Final: Portugal - Czechs

Czechs will make meatloaf of the portuguese, but I have been wrong on every single match so portugal will probably win.

13. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Err, what? Well compared to the dutch team (what's going on here, is diving the national sport in Holland???) they were squeeky clean. I do concede that the ref made some dubious choices - but more stupid then biased...

14. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I get the feeling that 'supporters' isn't an English word :heh: . I meant the fans on the stands had an unproper behaviour. I know they are rooting for the other team, but that doesn't mean they have to whistle when the Dutch have possession of the ball.

Besides that, both teams played rough. The Portugese players weren't exactly the nicest guys out there, but the ref just seemed to punish the Dutch more for their fouls.

15. Pac man Gems: 25/31

And that's an understatement.

But Holland can only blame itself. Advocaat's cowardly attitude finally backfired on him. At least we'll never see Stam again in an orange shirt, things can only go better in the future.

We'll bounce back in 2006.

16. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Aye, agreed. I'd have thrown that ball right into his face.

That said, a sad game.

17. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Pac man, have Jaap Stam finally said that he would quit? THat is good, since he is the worst thing that have happened to dutch football, except penalties of course. :D

18. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Yes, before the tournament started he said that this would be his last appearance in the national team, so it was depending on how far we would come. What i don't understand is why he always was certain of a startingposition. After a few losses, everyone put the blame on players like De Boer and Kluivert, but nobody seemed to have anything to complain about Stam, while in this tournament it once again became painfully obvious that the man can't play football, he simply can't. You can see it in the way he walks, the way he shoots, and even in the way he talks. It's the most overrated player we've ever had. The one that SHOULD have been playing in his place wasn't even selected. I mean Pascal Bosschaart, Feyenoord's new central defenseman. But now Stam is gone, he'll be getting his chance soon enough i guess. Unless Stam reconsiders his decision and wants to play in the WC qualifyingrounds, but if that happens i'll personally shoot him. :D

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I hope that's a promise, not a toast. :D

20. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Holland has been a disapointment, they have only got their play to work one match and that one was a defeat. Portugal was the better team, no doubt. I still hold the Czechs as favourites though.

[ July 01, 2004, 15:02: Message edited by: joacqin ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.