1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oblivion-Your favorite house.

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Nakia, Nov 10, 2007.

?

Which is your favorite house in Oblivion

1. Anvil- Benirus Manor

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Bravil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bruma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cheydinhal

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Chorol - Arborwatch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Imperial City

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Leyawiin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Skingrad-Rosethorn Hall

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  9. Other-Please post what and why

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  10. Never played the game

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I am playing Oblivion with Toastie Talker's Companion Share and Recruit plug-in and am using the different houses for headquarters. I'm making a poll out of this but am really interested in why you like or don't like a certain house.

I also have the Imperial Furniture plug-in so am doing some custom decorating.

Benirus Manor in Anvil is a great house. It even has nice grounds. If I find a landscaping mod I will be ecstatic . It would make a great headquarters for my relaxing companions if it wasn't so far to the west.

The Imperial City's house is centrally located but much too small for a headquarters. I love this cozy little house when it is just my PC.

Bravil-Need I say anything about this poor excuse for a home?

Bruma-If you read my Favorite City thread on the old Board (of course it is still here) you know that Bruma is my favorite city. The house is hokay and once I start on the MQ I will use it for some companions.

Cheydinhal-Pricey and not a good location. IMO there are 3 better houses.

Chorral-Arborwatch is a great house but not good for my headquarters since my companions can't move around in half the building. They can only go through teleport doors if your PC is with them and goes through first.

Leyawiin-Not much to say about this house and it is too far south.

Skingrad-Rosethorn Hall. Two extra quests. You can have a servant. The only house that allows this. Large enough for a good sized group of companions. I had at least 12. Noisy lot. My PC had to go adventuring to get away from them. :) The location is pretty good. My favorite for my current game.

Now there are other places you can call home depending on what plug-ins you have and feel free to mention them in your post.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nice little poll, Naks. I haven't played anywhere near enough of the game to vote though I'm afraid. The only house I ever had was infested with ghosts, and I never did figure out how to give them the laugh...

3. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I can't vote, because I forgot what city this house was in, but I it's neither a rich nor poor home, in a town separated by ditch or something (bridges to cross over it). I think it's leyawiin, but I could be wrong.

The architecture of the area is awesome, with grey stones and wood interior. It's a 2 or 3 story house that has lots of options for customizing.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    omnigodly, that sounds like Skingrad to me. :)

5. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Lol, then Skingrad it is ;). Been about a year since I played it last. Working on morrowind atm (man do I wish I could buy a horse in that game).

6. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I only had two houses in the OC - Bruma and Anvil. But I had my own headquaters from finishing the Knights of the Nine expansion pack. That came with a barracks and a training ground for my host of knights, a blacksmith and a chapel. It also gave me a vampire dungeon in the South, which I hardly used, because of its poor location, and the Wizard's Tower, which is way in the North. Both of these are upgradeable. There is a new castle, a fighter's stronghold, which is a separate plug-in, which I'm thinking about spending the $1.89 for.

http://elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_plugins_fightersstronghold.html

7. Nakia

Media:
    I just finished playing the fighter's stronghold plug-in a couple of days ago. It is quite a 'home' and has at least one unlisted 'quest'. You'll need to do a lot of very careful exploring to do. Well worth USA $1.89. :)

8. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Thanks, Nakia. I will check it out. :)

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My favorite house is definitely the Wizard's Tower in the Northen mountains. Room, hight, imp's guarding the treasure room, a giant library and every plant an alchemist could ever want. My ideal house :)
    (oh yes, you can make Archon Familiars in it as well)

10. Nakia

Media:
    :doh: I think my bias caused me to goof here. Your city could well be Cheydinhal. Don't think a horse would survive in Morrowind. Now a tame Gnar to ride would be fun.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm... tough call, I'm torn between Rosethorn and Cheydinhal.

Rosethorn is huge, you can hire a maid - which helps if you're a vampire, bite her in her sleep and she'll be none the wiser, plus no breaking or entering since this is your own damn house. I also like the display cases here and threr - good for showing off the Amber and Madness gear from SI.

The house in Cheydinal I like because it's well located. The stone fence and metal gate chalk up a few more points in favor of this one. I like the interior of this one - definitively a nice architecture.

I have to go with the house in Cheydinal.

Leyawiin is a freaking shack.

Bruma gets a special mention because of the bedroom being located in the basement - something I dig. In fact, all house plans I drew have the bedroom, living room, kitchen and stuff like that below ground. The reason's simple -- it conserves heat better during winter and is cooler during the summer.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  12. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Never bought a house actually. My character was a rogue, and considering the infamy that correlates with a rogue, there isn't really much use to housing in cities. I had a lot of money though, but recently deleted my character due to 2nd playthough saving errors. :o

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

36 years and nobody's tamed me yet...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.