1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oasis

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I did this descriptive paragraph for English class, we had to describe one of our favorite places. Tell me what you think:

Through a slit in the woods under an archway of whispering white pine bows, a little wandering pathway that beckons your soul to a protection unknown to the outside world, holds a beautiful winter oasis. The way the sun dances upon the surface of the pond makes it seem like the water is full of flawless diamonds. The water is not calm nor angry as it glazes the rocks beneath it in a soothing manner. The tranquil shallow pond reflects the sentry single oak that overlooks the forest glade. Beginning at its partially exposed roots that holds onto the earth with a secure grasp, and growing up to a strong body with branches searching for the sky, as blue as a newborn child’s eyes. The awakening scent of the air is like maple syrup on a slow Sunday morning, reviving all surrounding from a long winter’s sleep. Above the ground sunbeams pour through the forest roof making an angel appear from the curves of the trees, her face etched in the bark smiles with loving acceptance expecting nothing in return. The wind embraces the body harmonizing the forces to breathe. To the right of the oak I see the sun lowering into the periwinkle sky but there is no fear for I know that beneath the blanket of darkness the beauty still lies.

2. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

O.M.G. This is AMAZING! You should write a book, that is just totally captivating. :jawdrop:

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

It's that good EI I'm thinking of hating you and never writing again :( Only thinking mind you, it is beautiful and evocative :thumb:

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Thanks guys. :o Yea, I'm thinking of taking lots of English and writing classes in grade 10 and on! :)

5. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Daaaamn! Very nice EI! Seriously, you should try writing a larger piece because that was good! :D

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Very Victorian/Romantic level of detail there.

*Flashes pseudo-intellectual terms and then disappears*

Yeah, anyway, that was good. I personally go in for the 'less is more' style of description, but I enjoyed this.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Well, our teacher told us to use as much description as possible, kind of an extreme.

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Impressive, Elwithral. I enjoyed it a whole lot. If you're interested in English, you shouldn't hesitate to go down the linguistics/literature road. ;)

9. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. Nice work Elwithral.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.