1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN2 and MOTB chapter unlocker

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Dice, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I recently uninstalled NWN2 and MOTB and reinstalled them. When I uninstalled I accidently got rid of all my old saved games. I don't really feel like playing through the games again so I was wondering if anyone can help me with a chapter unlocker for them both? If not, maybe a line I can type in a notepad somewhere?

Thanks

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's probably still the same system as in NWN1, so someone who has finished NWN2 and MotB can just copy/paste the CODEWORD entries from nwnplayer.ini here.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Doesn't appear to be such a thing in any of the .ini files I have for NWN2...

4. Dice

Media:
    So... I'm kind of getting the feeling that I didn't actually get an answer here guys. :p

Do I actually need the chapters unlocked to access them in the toolset like in NWN? I went into the toolset and used "open" and in the files where it says campaigne there was nothing there to open so I'm assuming that I do have to unlock them somehow.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Most likely, yes, because the core of the underlying NWN2 architecture is the same as that of NWN1, so I find it odd that the codeword entry is not in the ini files. I've looked around, but haven't found any references to campaign unlocking in NWN2 anywhere... which is more than a little odd. I'd try asking on the official forums. If you do get an answer, please repost it here.

6. Dice

Media:
    OK, this was the answer that I got from a poster named Mithdradates on the official NWN2 site. It did take a few days to get my answer so that is why I didn't get back to this thread right away.

Since my video card has got to video card purgatory, I will have to wait a week or so, until I get a new card, to test this.

7. Taluntain

Media:
  8. Dice

Media:
    OK, now that I have a video card again I was able to try out that tip. Doesn't work because I cannot find the original campaign files to copy to the modules directory. When I look in my campaigns directory I find it empty.

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Have you tried checking the campaign directory in the program files directory, as opposed to the my documents directory? Or vice versa?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The modules appear to be under Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\Modules. Mine all have the .mod extension.

I guess they get moved from the campaign directory when you finish? I don't have any .nwm files in my campaign directories under Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\Campaigns for either the OC or MotB.

11. Dice

Media:
    Apparently the files I have to copy are in Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\Modules although my computer tells me that they are movie clips. A moderator on the official site said that my computer is reading them wrongly and they are indeed the files that I want to copy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.