1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN Tournament

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Apr 4, 2001.

1. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

ok, I might sign up as a freelancer. I think you understood me wrong, ALFA members have been very nice to me, it was ALFA officials who were bitchy to me, they just kinda sent me some not so nice e-mails in response to an e-mail I sent them (which was perfectly civilized)

2. Raven - Undead Slayer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Our first fight in the Tournament has been set. We will fight CD3 Friday night the 4th at 11PM EST. Anyone that wants to attend is welcome to come cheer us on to victory.

Raven

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I'll be with you all in spirit but at 3am GMT my body will be tucked up under the duvet. Save me the logs for a slow motion replay!

Now, gimmie an a A! gimmie an o O!
    gimmie an r R! gimmie a t T! gimmie an A!
    Whatchagot? AORTA! Comminatcha!

Like my pom poms?

4. Raven - Undead Slayer Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] In a major battle between CD3 and Team AORTA we came away victorious. The game took 8 and a half long hours. Next round will happen sometime this week, will keep everyone informed.

Raven

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Woohoo - Well done! I trust you dont mean real time when you say 8 and a half hours long...
    Good luck in your next round.

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Yabadabadoo! A BIG congatulations to the AORTA squad who triumphed in the caverns over the Celestial Dragons AND sleep deprivation. Yes, they played continuously from 11pm to 7.30am EST. They took out 3 of the enemy (1 dead, 2 unconscious) without loss to our side. Can't wait to hear the blow by blow account, who's this Gaulic with a greatsword, surely not Aryn?
    Good luck in the bonus round, hope you're not plum tuckered out!

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited May 06, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited May 06, 2001).]

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Hallelujah! They did it again! In the bonus round the AORTA squad faced a high level, heavily armoured dwarf. They chased 'Durm' with arrows but failed to hit (they needed a natural 20!) At last they cornered him and moved in in a crescent formation. Blow after blow clanged off his shield or armour he fought back visciously with his bastard sword. Madre and Swanic cured as Raven and Gaulic took the blows. Raven got under his guard and drew serious blood with her shortsword. A call for him to surrender was met with insults.
    Then Madre hit him with command "die" and he fell asleep. Gaulic's greatsword in the chest woke him from his slumbers. As he staggered to his feet a second mighty blow from Gaulic took him down.
    The crowd went wild with delight as the dwarf fell. Bring on the round 2 opponents!

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Great job AORTAns... We're proud of you. (We being the ones that don't have the time or option to participate). ;)

9. Raven - Undead Slayer Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thank you all for you kind words. We are looking forward to the next round and it should prove to be a hard one. When I have a day and time I will post it here for any who wish to watch.

Raven

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I see the next match is against 'the Fallen' otherwise known as the Sanctuary of Darkness with Vanadian and Thorin. Beware the hoe of doom!
    Do you know what terrain you will be on? Those caverns were a pain.

11. Eohippus Gems: 1/31

I was just at the Nexus site. We are going to fight the Fallen in the mountains next round. I think that the AORTA should get together sometime and talk strategy. The terrain is varied; forest, mountains and open road. How can we best use it to our advantage?

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Absolutely agree, my equine friend. Let's do it on the inside AORTA pages, OK?

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] In a close fight AORTA managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against the Fallen.
    In the opening exchange of missile fire things went Aorta's way with their dwarf barbarian falling to a well aimed sling slone from Swanic. Raven showered them with arrows as they hid behind a shield wall curing each other to stay alive. Suddenly Raven fell to a single unlucky arrow shot (12 dmg) and the match was once more in the balance. Gaulic charged bravely but his mighty blow did no damage to their cleric (sanctuary?) For once his luck deserted him and he too was cut down. Madre shrieked to Tempus in anger and charged their elf fighter. He kept retreating and losing off arrows at Swanic until she finaly connected and took him down. 2 vs 2, but the arrows had taken their toll and Swanic fell too. Madre refused to surrender and slugged it out until a massive (9dmg) blow to the head from a morningstar rendered her unconscious and gave victory to 'The Fallen'
    An even contest which could so easily have gone either way.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.