1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC Interaction In Depth Guide?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by LowKeyLyesmith, Dec 4, 2009.

1. LowKeyLyesmith Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I used google to no avail, all I find is tidbits about NPC relationships spread across several guides, but nothing that really tells me what characters interact with each other.

I know Coren flirts with Safana, I know Monty and Xzar hate Khalid and Jaheira, I know Kaigan hates Yesslick and Mincs and Dynaheir despise Edwin.

But that`s already all.

I`m looking for fun party combinations where a lot of interaction is going on, so does anyone know a guide that goes deeper into the social reactions of the NPC`s to each other?

2. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm unaware of any such guide existing but here's a few more interesting combinations:

Edwin and Alora like each other.
    Quayle and Tiax hate each other.
    Ajantis/Xan hates each other.
    Faldorn/Jaheira, yup, hates each other.
    Kivan/Viconia hates each other.
    Eldoth and Garrick hates each other; a triangle relationship develops if you have Skie too because Garrick is nice to Skie. This is interesting interaction, but you're pretty much saddled with two useless characters (the bards) :p

If you want more interaction and banters, you can consider the BG1NPC mod - but that's exclusively for BG1TuTu, which requires BG2 to install (it's a mod that lets you play BG1 with BG2's engine). Some, however, find them annoying since some NPCs never shut up, and others are just poorly written.

3. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Thanks for the comments deathmage.

I know/have watched the showdown between Monty & Xzar (Zhent) vs Khalid & Jaheira (Harper). It was one of the most interesting interparty activities that I saw happen in awhile (at least in computer games).

Back in high school I played a character in a D&D game with an added pack. About half the party was aligned good and the other half evil. To make things all the better the majority of the good half was made up of a special demon-slayers character class (add on, not standard D&D) that had to be hyper lawful (we got benefits too extra spells, a major hit point boost, and so on), not necessarily good (though we pretty much were officially "Lawful Good") just Lawful Lawful Lawful Lawful.... well you get the idea. Out of the evil half of the party the bulk of people were of the race "half-demon".

That set things up to go well and go well it did.... I think a good portion of the adventure (which we didn't finish) was the party killing each other.

I digress, do the other fights happen or do the various NPCs just make insulting comments to each other?

Most of them I can understand though is the Xan/Ajantis thing because Xan is such a downer/naysayer?

4. Midget Gems Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I'm fairly sure that all the npc dialog can be found in the excellent guide by Dan Simpson. From this you can tell how the npc will react to each other.

Since I often use the small people as my companions, Quayle and Tiax are my special favorites for banter.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.