1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC become enemy - how to change to friendly

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rexeos, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Rexeos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi,

how to change in ShadowKeeper or in Infinity (or in game?) mood of NPC that was attacked by my aoe spell? He is now aggresive, but i need to talk to him to gain quest. Its in Slums in Inn - its Gladiator - "Hendak" is his name. How to make him again friendly? (green circle below him, not red).

I have no save file to start over quest. Thx for help.

Infinity - AR0406; NPCs gpshout - *LAD2

2. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

Stick this code in AR0406.bcs:
    IF
    Allegiance("HENDAK",ENEMY)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ChangeEnemyAlly("HENDAK",NEUTRAL)
    END

3. Rexeos Gems: 1/31

Thx for reply.

I have used Near Infinity. I have edited file, compiled, saved. I tried to put code at beginning and after try at the end of file. In both cases Hendak is still enemy.

Thx again U tried. I really appreciate this.

SPOILERS below
    When i am fighting him and I have mouse over him - name of him is Gladiator. Mayby there is some other script that changes from Gladiator to Hendak? I wasnt able to find out if my assumption is correct. Shouldnt i modify in some way save game file instead? In savefile it looks like that:

Name: gpshout
    Character: *LAD2
    CRE Signature: CRE ,Version: V1.0,Name: Gladiator,Apparent name: Gladiator,Flags: (No flags set),

When I look at other savegame files where those quest was done I see:

Name: Hendak
    Character: *ENDAK
    CRE Signature: CRE ,Version: V1.0,Name: Hendak,Apparent name: Hendak,Flags: (No flags set),

ps: i tried to kill him and after with console to appear again. He started to talk to me that he wants key and when i release him i gain 7k xp. After that he goes to bar, where he should fight the guy who is slaverholder. But he is just standing there and is not responding...

ps2: mayby i start new game and copy what is in original save file.. mayby that solves that "quest"..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  4. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

That sort of code worked in the Planar Sphere, don't know why it did not work here. (Come to think of it, it is BG2 code. Some of the triggers may not work.)
    Try talking to Hendak, if that does not work, kill Lehtinan and talk to Hendak again.

5. Rexeos Gems: 1/31

I have opened save game when i used aoe in that room and in my save game file says Hendak Status ( State_Dead(11)).

That means that game has putted into jail another NPC that was just simple Gladiator.

I have changed status to normal, give hp, but he still not continuing in quest...

---------- Added 0 hours, 17 minutes and 49 seconds later... ----------

GREAT! I killed Lehtinan and quest line continues! U made my day! Thx again! Tralala :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.