1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Not another poll...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Ace of Spades, May 31, 2001.

1. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] What do you think is the most worthless item in BG1? I've found potions that seem useless. For example, what benefits do you get from a Potion of Infravision? Yeah, I know, you can see in the dark. But does it add any bonuses to hit (or, more accurately, reduce any penalties for fighting in the dark [for humans])? The Boots(?) of Non-detection seem to be about useless, too.

2. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

its the cloak of non-detaction... (i thienk) and potions are very useful... just not the potion of infrevsion

[This message has been edited by Dudette (edited May 31, 2001).]

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The cloak which can transform you into a wolf and the belt which changes you from male to female :D

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

The potion of infravision only gives Infravison for 120 feet, so no combat-abilities... Well I think there are less useless potions...... Well there ain't much worthless items, except for the cursed two-handed sword. If an item is worthless depends on what class you play and in what weapons you got profiency.

Indeed, the girdle that changes your gender is worthless. The cloak that changes you into a wolf isn't bad, for a wolf can move much faster then a human, you can explore the area very fast as a wolf.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited June 01, 2001).]

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

All cursed items are useless expect that sword of berserking, you can actually use it. It's a bit of a gamble, though.

In hindsight, when I used the sword, it might not have been such a good idea to give the wearer boots of speed... Although it was fun in a way, watching Montaron get clobbered by my main character :p

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Hehe I didn't need the Sword of Berserking for that ;)

7. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31

i would just have to say that i think potions of infravision suck the most...i actually used the belt to turn imoen into a guy, looks better that way...gave shar-teel the cursed sword...yup, i find those items to be quite useful...

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

But the wolf cloak is not useful. Neither are the potion bottles you find in Nashkel mines containing that liquid which makes iron rot.

9. Popojejo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

-Where do you get the Shar-teel sword I cant seem to find it...

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

You find it quite early, I think.

11. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I do believe the +3 Cursed Berserking Sword is on Capt. Brage (it's what made him slay his family).

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

SPOILER!

It's indeed in the Brage-quest....

- When you play the good way, you'll get it after bringing him back to the Temple of Helm in Nashkel.

- When you play the evil way, it's a loot of Brage after killing him.

13. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Sell the sword. Minsc has a buil in berserker mode any way :D. Never used that one, though. It seems scary with a person with 18/93 strength going berserk. He might kill Dynaheir or even Boo!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.