1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Not a need to know..but a want to ask.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Amdis, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

A few days ago i started with my Undead Hunter and it is nice alright at the moment. But last night i did the Planar Prison quest to free Raelis and her group. As everyone knows you will find the Harp of Discord there and the Discription shows that it can only be used by a Bard. Well both my paladin and...another paladin in my group can use this harp. It comes in handy but when i noticed it last night it was like..HE what the??

If it is a bug then it is one i can live with. :D

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah, it's a bug, I'm guessing they meant to imply alignment restrictions or simply missed the class by mistake.

Piccy!

3. Amdis

[​IMG] Thanks 8people. :)

4. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That's because despite your question and various answers you received in this thread, you didn't eventually install either of the two fixpacks according to your WeiDu.log file shown here. :)

Of course, Baldurdash fixpack wouldn't have been listed in your WeiDu.log even if you had installed it; but then if you had installed it, you wouldn't have had that bug with the harp.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  5. Amdis

Lmao :D

Well now i know atleast that there is a fix for it if i ever should think that it is a cheesy tactic in the future, thanks for pointing that out. But right now i do not mind, the harp is usefull at the moment. Ofcourse ones the saving throws of the enemies become better the less usefull the harp will be i guess. The reason i just asked was because it came as a surprise. :)

6. Sikret Gems: 13/31

You will face several other and more important bugs during the game.

What I didn't understand was why you asked that question about the differences between Baldurdash and BG2 fixpack if you were going to play the game with neither. I even remember that at first you had installed both of them. Then, you were advised to to choose and install only one of them; but now you are playing with neither.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] To be fair, I've never needed a fixpack at all, never played with one, never really intend to. I've just never faced most of the problems other people seem to get consistantly.

If you don't need it, don't bother with it :lol:

8. Amdis

Well i do have the G3 pack installed. And like wrote then, if something weird happens then i will not blame anyone but me, advice was given and i made the choice. The reason was because it surprised me my paladin can use the harp, and by asking about it see if someone else encountered this bug, nothing more nothing less. :)

True, but the problem with mods like the ones i like to use is that ones you get used to it you get a huge culture shock if you stop using it. :lol:

HeHe i see i must be carefull what to write, but you are correct Proteus_za. :D

9. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

No, you dont have the G3 pack installed, you have the tweak pack installed.

Personally I think the Fixpack is a godsend. I always used to have issues with the sequence with saemon havarian, when the gith invade your ship and it capsizes. it makes things work more reliably, by fixing millions of problems you didnt even know were there. for example, a lot of creatures had the wrong alignments. this would prevent spells like holy word and holy smite from working.

I used to be against them because they closed infinite experience loopholes and exploits for avoiding any loss of stats due to trials. but, I realized its far easier to use the console and/or shadowkeeper if you want to cheat than to use exploits. besides which, I quickly got over cheating.

10. Sikret Gems: 13/31

The fact that you don't notice a bug doesn't mean that the bug doesn't exist in your game or is not affecting your game.

Playing the game with Baldurdash Fixpack installed is always a better choice than playing the game without it (I can't say the same about G3's BG2 Fixpack, because while it fixes a lot of bugs, it equally adds a lot of new bugs to the game as well).

11. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I can only second what Sikret said (and won't add further comments, as I wouldn't like hijack the present thread from its original direction). Of course, anyone interested in the topic can send me a PM.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.