1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Normal Modron dungeon too easy, Hard too hard

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Allanius, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Allanius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've been trying to get through the hard level Modron maze, but the mobs hit so hard that FFG has used all her healing by the 3rd or 4th room, leading to running to the Foyer and resting. On normal setting I can get through all the rooms with minor wounds. Am I missing something?

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Not really. I can usually do about 50 to 60 rooms without having to retreat, but then I save every healing item I can throughout the game specifically for this one area. A couple tips:

Embalming is your friend. That point of AC on TNO and Morte can really help.

Blood charms are a big help too. Ten of them at once used on Morte, and he takes *no damage at all*. Naturally best to use after he's already lost 90 HP (so the healing isn't wasted), and then you rush through the other rooms as quickly as you can before the effects wear off.

Swarming works both ways. You head the person who you think will take the least damage (either Morte for damage resistance or someone with a VERY low AC) out a little ways to draw all the attention, and then swarm to one side and take them out one by one while they don't do as much damage to your one guy as they would to scattered NPCs fighting individually.

3. Allanius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

At what level should I attempt the Hard dungeon? My levels are:
    TNO (F/T/M): 8/8/9
    Morte: 9
    Dak'kon (F/M): 8/9
    Annah (F/T): 8/9
    FFG: 9

TNO's Hp are at 76 and the Hard Constructs hit at about 38

4. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Whenever you like. You can abort it without negative consequences or can have TNO die as often as you want.

Replaying the easy dungeon is a great way to gain XP fast and easily if you can't bear having a hard time in hard mode.
    Until Dak'kon and Annah gain level 9 as fighter you'll get your boosts in power quite fast, afterwards the gain in power will be quite slow.

5. gpcelina Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

All kinds o ways to beat that hard modron maze

[​IMG] I entered the modron maze with a level 7 character.
    I had Morte use littany of curses on the closest construct and in most cases that worked drawing the golem quickly to him buying time while the 2nd and 3rd took their time turning hostile and attacking. In the meantime, I would send fall-from-grace out to the flank and draw the attention of the other two while the rest kicked the snot out of the first.:D ** Don't forget to run her around or she's dead meat quickly if you don't!
    Another trick I used was to drop the clues, goodies and crummy weapons they give up to mark my path back to the engineers room for a well deserved rest, and just follow the "bread crumbs back to where I left off.
    Lastly, I know he's a psycho freak but Ignus has some pretty powerful spells so I picked him up right before i activated the cube, and left him in it when I left the cube. hehehe He was evil anyways <shrug>

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.