1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nordom's Memory Dump etc...

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by herf, Mar 27, 2001.

1. herf Guest

ok, ive got nordom in my party, im in curst, and i cant memory dump or improve his crossbows or anything.

when i first intiate dialog i have a thing about his crossbows and ive tried every single dialogue option but it leads to nothing.
    i can ask him how he ended up in rubikon, to no avail.
    i can ask him how he is, to no avail.
    i can ask about meachanus, to no avail, well apart from getting told that he has been cut of from the source.
    i can ask him what modrons are, to n avail "what is? modron= nordom, nordom = backwards modron, modron = nordom"
    i got some experience when i told him that maybe his change in perspective was because he had gone rogue, now his perspective or whatever has gone up by 5%, or so he says.

i read a walkthrough and it tells me that i have to find out that he has total obedience to the director, i know im the director but i cant get the dialogue option to tell him, the closest i get is in the "how did you end up in rubikon" dialogue option where he tells me that the director got lost and that there was an error that was uncompensated for.

wisdom 20
    intelligence 25 (normally 17 but its pumped up right now)

i want the memory dump, the crossbow upgrade option, what he found in his last trip in the maze and what his special abilities are.

thanx!

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I think that if you ask him about the death of the director you can say that you're the director - then you can give him orders and asking him about his duties gives you other options.

3. herf Guest

but i dont get any options but the director.

4. herf Guest

i figured it out

i went back to a saved game and went back into the cube, i talked to the evil construct.

you have to talk to the evil wizard construct about how he killed the director, then you can talk to nordom about it.

thanx for your help ironbeard and i hope your beard stays beardy and irony.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

You wouldn't believe the quantity of red meat I have to eat to keep its AC bonus up.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Beside INT and WIS try to boost CHR. I mean use Friends spell not hack!
    Nordom's statistics can actually be upgraded 7 times!
    And forget crossbows - they can't be upgraded.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Spoiler, so what?

Nordom's stats can really be improved six times, not seven as I said before.

First find Evil Wizard in Rubikon (hard set) ask him everything to find out about Rubikon accident then destroy him. Exit Rubikon.
    I won't be much detailed so before annoying Nordom get for Nameless at least INT 17 and WIS 18 (tattoos work, charms also) and hold them all the time.
    Then talk to Grace about companions and get advice on Nordom.
    Now you can talk to Nordom about director orders and other stuff.

Ask Nordom how he got into Rubikon and determine Evil Wizard's connection to previous director accident:
    1. INT+1, DEX+1, XP 36000

Ask about Director's duty and orders.
    Set Nameless' class fighter and if STR at least 17:
    2. INT-2, CON+1, DEX+1, AC-2, XP 36000

Set Nameless' class mage and if INT at least 17:
    3. INT+2, XP 36000, Enoll Eva spell to learn

Set Nameless' class thief and if DEX at least 17:
    4. STR-2, DEX+2, XP 36000

Send Morte and Grace far away (opposite part of street) so they won't interrupt talk.
    Now, ask Nordom about Mechanus source. After that ask how he feels:
    5. INT+1, CON+1, XP 36000

Last order I call Order to Believe and can be given only once.
    It depends on Nameless' CHR but not on Nameless' class.
    So set Nameless' to mage and use friends spell until CHR 25.

6. If Nameless' CHR 17-18:
    STR+1, CON+1, XP 36000

If Nameless' CHR 19-24:
    STR+2, CON+1, AC-1, XP 48000

If Nameless' CHR 25:
    STR+2, CON+1, AC-2, XP 60000

Recap for all Nordom improvements (with max CHR):
    INT+2, DEX+4, CON+3, AC-4

So I kicked Vhailor's ass and took Nordom instead.

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

The crossbows can be upgraded .... sort of.... If you ask him about his duties (eliminating abnormalities or something) you get to tell him that he'd get on better with better weapons. You can then tell the crossbows to make rule of three bolts - maybe others if your CHR is high enough.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Other bolts depend on your alignment.
    And all sorts of bolts including those you mentioned you can buy from some weapon sellers if Nordom is in your party (try Siege Tower).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.