1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Noooo, not that tape!!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Darth_Moorezo, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Darth_Moorezo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] It Was Saturday afternoon, the new TV guide had just come so i was looking what was on the TV in the following week, I noticed a film Which I had watched the first ten minuites of once it looked really good so i decided to watch it it was on today but i was working so i got my mum to tape itand planed to watch it tonight, 5 mins ago i decided to watch it only to find that it had been taped over!!! :flaming: this was about 15 mins after the film had ended my mum had recorded over it becase she wanted to record somthing whist she was in the bath and didn't want to open a new pack of blank tapes. :bang: what do you think about your mum and dad :confused:

[ August 20, 2002, 21:50: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

That very same thing has happened to me on a number of occasions. The most horrifying was when I had been looking forward to a documentary on vampires and vampirism. Once My mom taped the special feature on the sci-fi channel for me, she decided to tape something on the Garden channel. I returned home in the evening to watch the vampire tape, and found myself immersed in a documentary about daisies. The horror and emotional trauma will scar me to the end of my days. The next day, I confronted her about this, and she denied all knowledge of the incident. She said that she had never been asked to tape anything, and that she was angry at me for my "Unfounded accusations". What a load of rubbish. Parents are the single driving force that led me to go to an out-of-state college.

[ August 20, 2002, 21:24: Message edited by: Slith ]

3. Lady Loulex Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

That has never happened to me, because i've never trusted my parents to tape or do anything for me. Maybe you should do the same.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It never happened to me...

But I constantly do that to my bro... bwahahaha :evil:

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Lady loulex NOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU???
    You get cooked stuff, bought stuff, driven everywhere, loved more, paid more attention, have more money, YOU RELY ON OUT PARENTS! You don't do a thing for yourself! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ August 21, 2002, 00:19: Message edited by: Extremist ]

6. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

There's nothing like a bit of brotherly love eh?
    :grin:

7. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I never had to get my parents to tape videos for me.

8. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I don't trust anybody taping something for me. If I ask somebody else, I know they'll just forget it, as always.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Maybe I am lucky I don't have a sibling...and I generally don't watch TV, but should I want to tape something my dad is rather reliable. Oh, they divorced.

10. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Something like that happened to me I taped like 8 Simpsons because I'm worried that if the Simpsons stop soon I won't beable to watch them any more. So anyways I wasnted to watch them real quick when I find out my dad recorde Waterboy over the Simpsons. Okay the Simpsons are a classic the Waterboy is not. Not only that but the taping is fuzzy for the movie so the viewing of the Waterboy is bad anyways the Simpsons wasn't. So I figuared okay I'll just tape the Simpsons over again, that's when I found out our record button dosen't work any more. Damn dad. Hey they both start with a D. :thumb:

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    A few years ago I had 3 videotapes with the simpsons (like 30 episodes). My brother (Idiot) was boring so he wanted to watch these videos.

20 minutes later he comes to me saying that the tapes are empty, turned out he pressed rewind and record instead of play with the effect that all 3 tapes were empty.

I returned the favor by destroying his celine *eewww* dion and elthon *shudder* tapes with music and concertvideos. :evil: :evil: Mwhuhahaha

Yeah, I know, he and my parents didnĀ“t think it was funny either

:coffee:

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I trusted my Nan /me brings gun to my head and pulls the trigger. to tape Star Wars. She remembered halfway through the movie so I only got half of it on tape! Thank god for vidio stores

13. Lady Loulex Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How do you know Z-Layrex! :flaming: You spend all your time in your room feeling sorry for yourself and thinking what horrible thing to say next! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.