1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

No Topics

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Crawl, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I think the amount of posts on this board shows just how much anticipation the developers have managed to drum up for this game. It's sad, but right now, nobody cares. And with all the smoke and mirrors coming from the designers, well, who can blame the people for not being exxcited about their latest round of excuses.

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Crawl!! Relaaaxx...

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Hey, just trying to give these boards a little something on them. Too empty and cold in there. A little heated discussion should warm things up. ;)

4. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] You want heat?

*Starts pelting Crawl with Lord Moeken's toasted smokies*

How's that? Hot enough? :D

5. Fihnakis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, all I can really say that won't put me outside of the NDA that I signed is the game is in beta and will be out no later than June and that is pretty close to being a guarantee.

One problem I see the game facing is everyone is so used to the BIO / BIS games that they are afraid to give this game a chance which is quite sad cause after what I just got done playing this game kicks maximum ass. If you are wondering why I'm playing it, there will be a very in-depth preview on our site soon after we relaunch with a new design. Expect it sometime this week.

-Fihnakis
    The Scrying Room: For all your PoR2 wants and needs

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] If you want to see more topics that were discussed on this board previously, use the option Show Topics from: Show All Topics in the main forum window. That will list some for you if you want to help the discussion grow a bit.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited March 12, 2001).]

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Hey, Tal, sorry. I didn't mean to offend. I was just trying to liven things up a little, that's all. I apoligize and will refrain from making my derogatory points about the game in such a manner again.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] <sniff, sniff> What's that offensive smell? Oh, it's just Crawl...

If you don't want to offend, just keep your arms down... ;)

9. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

LOL. Hey! Where's BTA been hiding that juvenile sense of humor? :D

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Whoo..
    Wait a second! There was like, 0 anger in that last post of mine. It was a completely passive post where I was just remarking how you can bring up some older topic up.

Are you sure you were replying to my post Crawl? It sounds a bit weird...

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Woops, sorry. Heh. Thought you were mad I was letting my BS posts slip out of the whatnots forum. Ok, fine, I'm paranoid of all powerfull sorcerers and the fireballs they might rain down on me if I get out of line. However, I didn't say anything about overly smart lowly aprentice wizards ;) Hmmmm. *Crawl tosses his wand of wonder to Blackthorne TA* Go play with this in the street for a while, will ya :D

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Hey, anyone notice Fihnakis always gets his site plug in. I looked at all his posts and I believe they all have a site plug in them. Not complaining, just noticing.

13. Fihnakis Gems: 1/31

Just trying to get more people to go there and hopefully become interested in the game. I also do it for when people ask a question and seem curious about the game and since we have a lot of info about the game (i.e. the large FAQ) I like to give them a place to go to for that info. I only try to plug one time in an entire thread cause any more even I consider pluggin to much.

14. Flagg Gems: 1/31

Not that I am complaining. But is this a new strategy? Reviving old topics? I notice that all our sites are having the same problem. Our PoR message boards are dead.

15. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I honestly think the cause is what I said earlier. The public is tired of the wait and the excuses. There is not great anticipation for the game among the hardcore CRPG fans, and there won't be untill shortly before the game is realeased. Or that is my take on things ate least.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.