1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nioh - Review @ Gaming Age

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Nov 9, 2017.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Gaming Age reviewed the Complete Edition of Nioh:

[​IMG]

Nioh: Complete Edition review for PC

The announcement that Nioh, the ultra-hard, Samurai action RPG from Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo was going to be released on PC came out of nowhere. The original game released in February of this year exclusively on the PlayStation 4. The Dark Souls/Ninja Gaiden inspired RPG was incredibly well received, but something that the community largely assumed would remain a PS4 exclusive, not unlike 2015s smash hit, Bloodborne. Then out of nowhere, they announce not only a port, but a "Complete Edition" coming to PC, and coming soon! The Complete Edition includes the base game, as well as the three-story expansions that came to the PS4. This looked to be the definitive version of an already amazing game, but I tempered my excitement, mostly due to being bit by PC ports too many times in the past. Unfortunately, I ended up getting about 50% of what I wanted here, with the game still being absolutely fantastic, but the port ending up with more issues that I had hoped.
    [...]
    Assigning a grade here is exceptionally difficult. I would like to judge the game based on its own merit, PC port notwithstanding, unfortunately, this is a review for the Complete Edition, which is the PC port. If you have ever praised the sun, or if you have any fear of the old blood, Nioh is an absolute must play. A fantastic and deep combat system, coupled with great boss design and a difficult yet fair effort/reward loop put Nioh right up there with its not so distant brothers in Dark Souls and Bloodborne. If I were to assign a score to the game, simply for its content it would absolutely be a solid "A". Unfortunately, even though it is the Complete Edition, this is not necessarily the superior version of the game. If you only play games on PC, this game is still a no-brainer to pick up, but if you're like me and have consoles as well as a computer, I think the PS4 may still be the place to play Nioh.

Grade: B-

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.