1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nights to remember

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by SleepleSS, Aug 15, 2004.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Allright my feelings where OK this was a night to remember!

I went out with a female friend of mine and there was another guy going with us. So we where at my home drinking beer before we go out.

Then we went to the... Is Joint the right word? Anyway we had fun there I saw an ex-coluege and it was al cool and stuff then we met anoter friend of us going home with us.

When we arived at my place he sayd come over to me I got some bottles of wine open! So we went to his place drinking wine and he put the Daft Punk DVD in his DVD-Player I slept like a good sleeping kid ad woke up during the last song and... there was warm coffee for me!

Gonna take a shower now! Don't think I can sleep so this was perfect!

Tell me about your special nights!

2. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

:D I can't this is a family forum ;)

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

The only night I can recall that was special and didn't end eventually in bitterness was about 9 years ago when I was doing TAFE. I had met a girl through e-mail who was doing her Year 11 and 12 at the same campus I was doing TAFE, we eventually met in person and we hit it off. So one day I actually get up the guts to ask her out to dinner/movie etc and she says yes.
    So we go to see - IIRC - Mouse Hunt then we have dinner at Sizzler, both her choices. Then take a short walk to a local Pool Hall and play a few games before eventually calling it a night.

She was certainly someone special and even thoguh it resulted in us being no more than friends, she left an impression on me that has stayed with me to this day.

The only other events that count are the births of each of my sons but I went with what I did because those births are so far up in a league of their own that it's indescribable. And I guess, each sort of ended up in bitterness in a way.

4. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    That would have to be when I met my current boyfriend, in February ;) He took me out for a beautiful romantic meal and to the theatre, I felt like royalty :)

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The night of my 18'th birthday was cool... I went to party with a single friend, ran into a guuy who once played my uncle in a larp, ended up talking for most of the night, going for pizza around 3 am, running around in the park and swinging like little kiddies, and definitely having a magical time.

That was SO cool :)

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My special night was a few years ago. Three friends and myself we enjoying a warm clear summer evening. We had heard about an interesting play with dancers in it. The play was called Lizard Dreams I believe. We decided to go and see it and it was very spiritual and moving. In part of the play the dancers would slither into pools of smooth grey mud. When the play was over the audience was invited to go in the mud if they wished. My friends and I were the only ones who decided to go. It was amazing. The looks we received after we left the theatre were brilliant! Two of my friends took the subway home and my other friend and I walked home through the river-valley. We were covered completely in fine grey mud and looked almost like statues. Very surreal. Amazing night.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    At any rate, it would be related to alcohol and women, though it would be hard for me to choose just one special night. Impossible, I guess.

I would have a sure bet except it's connected to very painful memories and I surely wouldn't like to relive it. It was bliss, the best date I've had in a very long time, but the girl was somewhat strange. Later it occured she had a couple of boyfriends and possibly a husband as well. Thank God things hadn't gone far by that time.

Those nights in the graduating class in highschool... a proper evening to morning party every weekend for half a year almost without interruption... Damn, those were the times. One of those parties was my belated 18th birthday party. Ended up with an old friend in the middle of the dancing floor, as the sole couple dancing, both without shoes. Actually, I had drunk a litre of diverse booze, she had a half, plus we were both heartbroken and had our private lives in shards (including things that happened earlier that painful night), and yet we made not a single bad move. Perhaps I would choose that night if I could choose only one.

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The best nights I've had, I can't remember. More vodka?

The best night I've had that I *can* remember was at a bar called Voodoo Lounge. Free drinks cos I knew the barmaid. Cool music cos I knew the DJ. Some random old friends from school showed up. Lots of girls. Was fantastic.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh no, not the Voodoo Lounge. I know that place.

10. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Me and my best friend held a miniLAN at my place this summer... we'd hooked him up to the network, all was going fine technically, he'd brought the PCGameplay (a games mag) which held some demo discs... we played a lot of UT2003 over the network, it was really intense, and then he brought out the Joint Operations demo for the internet, we were really having a blast.
    As I'm an addict, I got outside to take a smoking break, he came too, I have these comfy garden chairs out there, and we just sat there and talked for hours about all sorts of stuff... then dawn started to break and we got to bed... it was really as perfect as a friendship can be... doing together what you enjoy most, listening to fine music, talking about the things in life that really matter.
    It's a memory I frequently recall with great fondness... things like that are the reason he's my best friend
    :borg:

11. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Probably one of the best nights I've had was at the big Saturday night dance that was held at the science fiction convention that I went to in July.

I ended up dancing for five hours straight, only stopping to get water when I needed it. I lost all sense of the passage of time and I remember being surprised when the time for Last Call came around.

12. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

First time i took acid.

Police raid.

Mad outside adventure.

Sky like wax.

You get the idea.

13. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The night in the meadows along the Rhine, in Bonn. Must have been the sommer of '97, methinks. Some friends and myself - the six of us lay on a blanket on a hill, got stoned, with the stars above and talked. About nothing in particular. At least I dont recall anything. ;) Just talking and laying close to eachother. I remember it as a feeling of great unity and peace. Nothing that bothered us, laughing and chatting was all. And then we woke up the next morning...

There were other nights, some were more errr... excessive - especially Sylvester '99 :roll: - but thats nothing for the Boards of Magic.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

my sentiments exactly ;)

but to point one out:

my high school graduation. everyone was so wasted at a friend's house that we redecorated it in booze, leftovers and puke hehe. 'course the next day i felt like crud and i was so drunk that night that i tossed my cellphone out the window.. :eek:

15. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

The night before the AS results were released this summer. It involved large amounts of drink, and then two people decided to go for a jog. Soon they returned at a faster pace, being chased by two people who said that the joggers had stolen their skunk. What followed was a house siege, and someone as wide as the doorway attacked us, and someone else got strangled. Then the police arrived, and we went out to speak to them.

The police said to the besiegers, "So, you say they stole your skunk?"

They ran away.

16. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Big bald Ranger, PGGameplay always makes for great fun. :)

I remember when my bro and I were little we used to worship the magazine. Noone could touch it and it always had to be read on a table. I once filled an entire holiday in france with reading the solution to BG1 and fantasizing about how it would be to do all the things that were described in the article (well it was about 15 pages long).

Wonderful was the day when we arrived back home and could install the game. :)

That first nigth of BG joy will always be one to remember.

It sounds sad, but this best "Nerdy" night easily equals all my best "normal" nights.

Then I went on a volleybal camp and my bro wrote me a letter about what he'd done in Candlekeep and how exciting everything was. That was back in the day when we played with the same character in turns...

/me floats off to nostalgia land

17. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

@ Harbourboy

Yes, the Voodoo Lounge. Have some stories to share? :)

18. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Probably the first time I got together with a few of my friends and stayed up all night playing Texas Hold'em and messing around, was definately a fun night.

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Last Friday night - went out to the pub and had the young woman I've had my eye on the past few weeks dancing up on me on the dancefloor. Hoping for a repeat, and maybe extended, performance tomorrow night.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.