1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Next Game

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The DMage, Aug 28, 2001.

1. The DMage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Anyone got any opinions on a class/kit they found entertaining? I've done a straight Kensai, straight Mage, and tried to solo Stalker and Monk for a while. Depending on how I feel, I maybe take the class I pick through Bg as well. So, just any opinions on what I should try?? (Preferably no triple muilti's)

2. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I found the Sorcerer class quite fun. Although they do seem a bit cheap in SoA with their constant Abi-Dalzims to get rid of toughies, Spell Triggers for dragons, and so on, I think they involve a lot more strategy than any of the fighting classes. I mean, who wants to play a straight hack-and-slash game? Anyway, manipulating the Sorcerer's spell list and discovering new strategies was a fun experience to me, and much easier compared to when I tried to solo a Kensai.

3. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I am currently playing through with an assassin and have not found a class I enjoy playing more. He's tough enough to hold his own in a fight if need be, but not capable of barging into a room and killing whatever may lie within. A nice combination of toughness and strategy. Oh, and the x7 backstab multiplier combined with the Celestial Fury can do ridiculous amounts of damage.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Try a thief class, or or multiclass/dualclass, those can be rather interesting.

The assasin kit does sound rather interesting for some good roleplaying.

Kensai/thief or fighter/cleric should be fun as well.

or just a regular druid, something that differs from the kind you allready have played I think would be the best choice

5. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I found that with the right equipment and spells Haer'Daelis kicks untold amounts of anus. ALthough he gets extra resistances/proficiencies and stuff, I think a bard kit such as Blade (like the great Haery himself :p) or the beefy Nordic Skald would be great to play.
    Especially with the addition of Throne of Bhaal (just a brief mention; no harm done) Druids are incredible at high levels, especially the Avenger kit if (like me) you love summoning and shapeshifting.

6. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

agreed. The skald is the only way to go for me. Up to level six in magic using, song is a battle song which raises moral more than usual bard and can use a wide range of weapons and items. You never need to cast identify.... never. Only drawback is that they can't pick pockets very well... never get anything good out of that 'cept a brawl from time to time anyway. *spoiler maybe...* Curiosity of mine... do all the other character classes get to run their very own theatre production in bgII or just bards?

7. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Just bards. That's your class Stronghold. Fighters get a keep, clerics get a position at a temple, etcetera.

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I want to try a Skald next! ;)

Never been too into bards...But there's a first time for everything!

~Bel

9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I'm running a Neutral Half-elven Fighter/Thief now because I have ToB installed. If you play without ToB this character is decent enough, but with ToB it gets so much better.

10. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I'm partial to DC Ranger/Cleric.
    I also enjoy MC Thief/Mage.

Solo strength....F/M/T, Monk or Sorceror are all good choices.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.