1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Newly reinstalled, mod issue(s)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Jhonka, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I reinstalled BG2+ToB today, and went through pocketplane.net looking for mods. I found some that I had never used before that looked interesting, so I have quite a few more mods installed this time than I have had before. The problem is, Dungeon-be-Gone doesn't seem to work. I've reinstalled it to no avail, and I'd really rather avoid uninstalling mods one-by-one looking for conflicts. The mods I'm using are, in no particular order... (oh, and I'm running Windows Vista if it matters)

Baldurdash
    Dungeon-be-Gone
    Kelsey NPC
    Keto NPC
    One-Pixel Productions
    Solaufien NPC
    BoM Item Pack
    Banana!
    Unfinished Business
    Virtue
    Angelo NPC
    Sword and Fist
    BG2 Tweaks (the 'change Imoen's paperdoll' component isn't working but at least several others are, my only idea here is maybe a conflict with 1pp?)
    Britt
    Nalia Romance

Any suggestions? It certainly won't kill me to run through Irenicus' dungeon one more time, but of course I'd rather not.

EDIT: I can't seem to access the console, either. Debug Mode=1 has failed me! I guss I could've guessed that a game BG2's age would have some troubles running on Vista, but this seems odd.
    Double edit!: A quick search on the BioWare forums revealed that under Vista, there's a second .ini file that needs to be edited instead of the obvious one in the BG2 directory. You need to click the "Compatibility Files" button on the folder's menu bar, if anyone needs to know.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  2. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i think you have some contradicting mods

correct me if i am wrong on the following:

the one pixel mod does something to perperdolls right? that could cause trouble with the change imoens paperdoll mods, as you suggested yourself, i think this is your problem, uninstall one and re-install the other, then you should be fine

i think the dungeon be gone mod is also a part of the bg2 tweaks, could be having compability issues there as well if yes uninstall dungeon be gone and re install on the bg2 tweak prompt

i dont know anything about sword and fist, so i cant really say that much about them,

but i think this will fix it, but it might be so messed up that you need to do a clean install, or get a backup of a clean dialog.tlk override folder and a wiedu.log there might be a file more but i have forgot it's name

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

It ain't.

I'm still perplexed of why you're having troubles with DbG.

Could you just post your weidu.log?

4. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

A few things. It turns out that Imoen's paperdoll only failed to change in Irenicus' dungeon. Once the chapter 2 cutscene started, she looked like a mage. Odd, but not really important.
    Also, Dungeon-be-Gone was only partially screwy. I tried spawning Jasper with the console, and from there he worked fine. It just wasn't spawning him for some reason.

Thanks for trying to help anyway guys, but I guess this thread is done now :p

5. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I've never used Dungeon Be Gone - I'm quite happy to do that part of the game, even though I've played umpteen times.
    Gibberlings BG2 fixpack and Baldurdash are pointless to have together. Personally I don't use either - Fix Pack seems to cause as many bugs as it fixes so I'd rather leave it alone. In its vanilla state, the game works for me with no game breaking bugs so I'm happier leaving it alone.

I've reviewed Angelo in the reviews section. I like this mod a lot, and definitely prefer the romance to Kelsey. (However, some people like to pick up Kelsey to romance Imoen in ToB). Keto is excellent but SoA only and caused some issues once the game moved into ToB (I had to kick her out in the forest rather than wait for the Pocket Plane, though I was going to dump her for Sarevok anyway).
    Nalia romance from Pocket Plane is SoA only also, though supposedly good while it lasts.

Mods I like and which work very well:

Ascension (WeiDU.org)
    Angelo (PP)
    Assassinations (PP)
    Dungeon Crawl (PP)
    Turnabout (PP)
    Romantic Encounters (Gibberlings3)
    Unfinished Business (Gibberlings3) - I only install a few components from this. Parts of it can be buggy especially if you run with a lot of mods installed. I like the Kalah quest, portrait and name restorations and a couple of other bits.
    Edwin Romance (SHS)
    Longer Road (SHS)

Not all of these are compatible (eg Turnabout isn't great with Longer Road) and I generally don't install more than a couple of mods per runthrough.
    I also do a clean install (not from discs, but using the backup method) between runthroughs to minimise problems.

Mods I am going to try next:

Kivan romance (G3)
    Wheels of Prophecy (G3) - this enhances ToB
    Got my eye on a couple of others that are still in progress. Also hoping a less buggy version of Nathaniel (SHS) becomes available at some point.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.