1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Dark Slayer, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hello people

I just started playing Torment and I'm pretty much hooked. Like all "noobs" I made some pretty silly mistakes that forced me to reload along the way, but I'm pretty much getting used to the game little by little (or so I think). Now, I want the "Nameless One" to be a mage so I put stat points in all fields except strength but my class is "Fighter".
    I think you should learn the mage art from someone/something, but who/what?

I'm out of the Mortuary and am in Sigil. I finished all the side-quests I could find except one, which is from someone named Reekwind(?)
    How do you get to the Upper Ward? (There is a Lower Ward on my map, no Upper)

Also, do you get to wear ANY armor in this game?

Thanks in advance

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You can learn magecraft from Mebbeth in Ragpicker's Square. She is the midwife and lives in one of the small dwellings. There is also a character in Ragpicker's Square who can train you as a thief, if you wish.

There is no Upper Ward in the game. And no armor.

Forget about the Reekwind quest for now, you'll solve that later in the game.

Enjoy the game! :)

3. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thanks. No Armor? That's sad.

Ok I've got a new problem. In order for the old lady to teach me magic, I should find some herbs.
    I asked the Hive merchant about it and he says I'll need to find a gardener. Where will I find one?

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    There is a gardener (Mourns-for-Trees) in the Southeastern Hive north of the Smoldering Corpse Bar.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Depending on who is doing the definition, the Upper Ward is also known as either the "Clerk's Ward" or the "Lady's Ward." The Clerk's Ward is in the game, the Lady's Ward is not. There is no part of Sigil actually called the Upper Ward in the Planescape setting.

Tattoos are as good as armor, so it's not a big deal.

6. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Let the githzerai gish join your party and ask him about learning the Art.

7. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Fabius: he can only return you to the art, not train you first time. you need to find another person to train you intoa mage in the first place.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.