1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Arabwel, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    And this one is where I shall engage in dib-calling :p

As it is, my resolutions this year are rather simple:

1. I will not start smoking

2. I will complete my nanovel

3. I shall participate in a short story competition I have always intended to take part in since 1998

(and sort of 4. prticipate in NaNo again but that's sort of a given...)

Also, this here says that my randomy generated resolution is that I will no longer check my e-mail at 3 am... :angel:

What about you guys?

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I resolve not to make resolution since I never keep them.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I resolve to continue my nanovel even if I don't finish it :p

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I can promise only one thing:

To find my first, real job. As real as it gets and the pay according to it, and I do not mean those cheap pizza-jobs. Anyone interested of hiring me? I don't mind going international and I have a CV online. ;)

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    randomly generated resolution:
    "Getting myself admitted to a mental institution."

Shouldn't be too hard. ;)

Not making any other resolutions. I've got enough pressure on me as it is.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    As I already stated in the RBP, I resolve to drink less than 3 cans of Mt. Dew a day...it's going to be hard. :rolling:

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I rarely make resolutions, but here goes...

1) I will try to get to Grade Four in Fencing (Just starting Grade Three. The two boys who have been doing it for a couple of years are at a similar stage I think, so hopefully I'll be able to get more grades, hopefully, those boys are damned good though.)

2) I will try to get my room straightened and keep it so (Been a lot of rarranging and decorating last year, so I want to get sorted this year.)

3) I will keep more than three fish alive at any one time in my tank, (most I've had so far in the tank is six, lasted quite a while but I want to try and keep it up, perhaps introducing them differently...)

4) I will revise for my GCSEs. (Didn't revise for mocks - results I've got so far are all As and A*s except French. But I dislike French anyway, got a B and C in that.)

5) My secret resolution. Been working towards it quite some time now and hopefully I'll be able to get there. ^_^

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

To get our band signed up to a label before the end of the year. It's time to make a move, we can't stay in the garage forever.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

To get out of the closet and admit that you are a cannibal? What? No? Let me try again: to get out of the closet and admit that you are a 8ball? :D

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hmmm, for 2005 I shall...

1) Save up for a new computer and buy one that kicks ass...

2) Throw my old one out of a window, preferably one in a tall building...

3) Steal a car and run over the remains of my old computer repeatedly...

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Wirhe - not quite :shake:

It's just something I have wanted to do for quite a few months and now it's something I *have* to do. Still if I can turn it into some sort of holiday with Mutti and her bf coming along I might have a better chance of achieving this.

But I assure you I am not a cannibal and am not an 8 ball. Not quite the correct shape :p

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

I've already made my new year's resolution not to smoke but I've already broken it, only 3 times today instead of the usual 25 so I am not doing that badly. ****ing cigs man there is no easy way out :toofar: :cry: I guess I should make more resolutions but arn't I spose to make em' before new year's day? I guess I can't make any more now so I'll have to wait until next year.

13. Blog Gems: 23/31

Goooo procrastination! :D

My resolutions usually last a few days and then it goes out the window, so no goals for me.

14. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

1. Go to the gym and eat less before I can't fit out the door.

2. Stop staying up until all ours of the night. If I am at home, be in bed by mignight.

3. Begin to *shudder* budget.

Oh how I'll try.

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Fail all my classes? :jawdrop: But but but ... I wanted to pass them all for a change!

Oh well, guess this year'll be same old same old then ;)

16. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Randomly generated resolution:
    "Drink more beer."

I like that :beer: Me thinks am gonna keep this one for sure :beer:

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Randomly generated resolution -

In the year 2005, I resolve to:
    "Become a slut."

And damn it if I won't try!! :lol:

18. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I'll try not too rob old ladies anymore, but can't make any definite promises, maybe i'll switch to bashing gays. :D

I also want to drink more alcohol in 2005, in 2004 i got tipsy one time a week, and that's not enough.

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Randomly generated resolution -

In the year 2005, I resolve to:
    "Read the manual"

What manual? If women came with manuals, I'd surely do.

20. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

I recently stopped smoking, so my only resolution is not to gain too many additional through this. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.