1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Solo Game - F/Wild Mage/Thief

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Abdel - Bhaal Spawn, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My first battle ended up being very interesting. I entered the room and Shank walked up to me and asked me if I was x. Of course I am and the next thing I know he is attacking me. Well this ain't right, so I pepare for NWD and selected Magic Missile, but I ended up calling for a Demon and luckly I had Protection from evil cast upon me by Firebeard, so I was protected but Shank was not. He was ripped apart in seconds. I quickly got out of the room and closed the door. Nope, that demon wasn't summoned by me.

After that I decided I would hold off on casting spells at least till I got chaos shield. Well I waited and when I finally gid I cast CS to provide a positive result when use NWD or so I thought. Here I was in the heat of a battle with three Orc. I was weak on HP and cast chaos shield followed by NWD. I selected burning hands spell and I ended healing all of the Orcs and casting strenght on them, that was just wonderful. I take off running and stop for a second and cast NWD (my last spell at this point) and luckly for me my spells were replinshed. I than cast NWD one more time and it didn't work in my favor. I summoned another Demon because I wasn't paying attention and my Chaos Shield ran out. I took off but the hobgoblins were torn to pieces. I rested and returned to find the demon gone and the ring I agreed to return within the corpses.
    I have to say it is fun trying to cast one spell, armor and end up casting another (invisibility, haste, demon gate, etc...). Recently when I cast NWD I ended up with a diamond in my items. Hmmm. Not exactly what I expected. Another time I cast armor and nearly killed myself with a self directed lighting bolt with a 3 levels increase. Gee that was smart of me to electrify myself. Let me try it again.

This character is a blast to play with as long as you don't cast any other spell than NWD.

2. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I soloed with a wild mage starting from tutu to Underdark in bg2:soa. I've soloed normal Bg and tutu 5 times and this was the funniest. The reason for me to stop was low wis. :doh:

I should have started with 18 wis. I could wish for replenishing spells then and i recommend every mage a high wisdom (or not to solo).

3. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Thats what Potions of Insight are for...

4. Dengo Gems: 8/31

Veteran

Yes you are right but these potions are limited. Instead of having 18 str (which is very meaningless for a mage especially in BG2) I should have had 18 wis and a low str. There is Strength spell for BG1 and early BG2.

BTW at first levels i always tried to cast everything with NRD. It is so funny. But remember to memorize a PfE. I remember summoning a demon in the middle of xvart village. Also take that cloudkill scroll from south of Nashkel ASAP and try casting it with NRD. It is somewhere on the ground. If you succeed it will kill everything easily. Even if you fail there will be some funny consequences. :p

5. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Potions of Insight are limited, but how many times do you cast Wish?

6. Dengo Gems: 8/31

Veteran

You may not want to cast it as much as i do but I want to cast wish after every battle because i empty (well, nearly) my entire spellbook in every battle. Especially magic resistant creatures are making me finish all my spells. My mage is too angry. Though a more successful player may do better with a mage. Berserker is much more my style.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.