1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Screenshots... impressions

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Shadowcouncil, May 22, 2002.

1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

As you can read on the main page here, there are some new NWN screenshots. (you can view them by clicking here

In many screenshots I've seen, I thought the lighteffects where great and also the environment, but the creatures, monsters and characters didn't look great, a bit too less detail, not very smooth... In this new screenshots this seems to be fixed, it looks more detailed and that is a big relief for me. It's off course normal that the details are always fixed as last....

Marnix - Living in a countdown to the 11th of June

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The game gets better and better, and the requirements go higher and higher...

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Requirements going up? What are you babbling about?

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Hmm, I'm glad I just bought a new computer wich can certainly handle that... But did they change the requirements?

Well... it's normal, a high quality game need a high quality computer... hard but true... that's how it always was... and always will be.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Tsk, tsk. You should read the front page news. We reported about the changed system requirements.

Still, for all of you who still haven't learned their lesson, I also posted the new system requirements at SP.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/NWN/index.php

Bottom of the page.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Thanks, haven't see that yet. Especially the recommended Geforce 2 videocard is indeed heavy..... Well, I'm glad my pc is in all parts as good or better then wat is recommended.... However the Requirements aren't very high. When you have no 450 MHZ pc, TNT, 98 mb ram... it really is time to get a new computer :)

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited May 23, 2002).]

7. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*sigh* well, I guess it's about time to upgrade again....if Sprite and I were to combine our computers, we'd make the cut no prob ;) Alas, looks like upgrades for two.

8. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Hmmf. So much for Neverwinter Nights, then.

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Well, not only for Neverwinter Nights. System Requirements will allways increase, so when you like gaming, you have to invest in upgrading now and then.

10. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I'll play it eather way. Weather my computer meets the line or not. I'm still gettting NWN. I've always wanted a game like this and I'll be a nomes uncle if some stupid Geforce card stops me from playing. I'll just call GW and ask how much it would cost to upgrade. Because I am no nomes uncle.

Anyways. I did see the pictures eirly and was very much pleased. The one pic with all the npc's on it, before the last pic, is the best I've seen so far. I hope it comes out at least this summer before school starts.

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Yes, only for Nevewinter Nights, as I wasn't planning on buying any other game in another year or two.

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Hmm, I am also interested in IWD-2 for it is a bit like all good old bioware games.... NWN will be a bit different but I hope that will only be a possible change.

13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] The screenshots do not impress. IMO BG2 is a better looking game.

14. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

But can you play BG2 with one player being a DM, or BG2 with something else than the same silly story over and over again? No? Thought so.

15. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I really don't understand why people don't like the screenshots. I think they look fabulous!

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Earl Grey, when I compare BG2 with what I have seen of NWN, I must say that BG2 looks very simplistic. You view all from above, in NWN there is 3d with also a camera that looks over the shoulder of your character, you can see dept, shadows/light effects are great. And for die hard BG2 fans like you, there seems to be also a view mode that shows the game like it is also shown in BG2.

And then I didn't even compare this games in possibilities...

17. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

They improved a lot comparing to older screenshots, but i dont think my comp will be able to run the game with such detail.
    I am the unfortunate owner of the almighty voodoo banshee :nolike:.

18. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

weeeeell, being a Morrowind junkie, I must say NWN looks pretty simplistic. They've definitely used those real time shadows in a clever way though.

Of course, NWN may still be a better game, but if that happens, I'll probably go into denial... I've been playing morrowind 6 hours a day for the last 3 weeks.

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I compared Morrowind and NWN too and I don't think NWN looks simplistic. Morrowind has awesome backgrounds, in that Morrowind is better. But looking to light-effects, NWN is much better, also because the game has more possibilities, more exteriors, weather effects etc. Also the water doens't look less good in NWN, and buildings, people and interior are all in my opinion better then in Morrowind. So I owuldn't use the term Simplistic for a game with such good graphics. I only used the Toolset and already have to say now that the graphics are great.

20. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I'm getting Neverwinter the first second it hits the shelf. Beware I will quivering palm anyone that tries to get in my way while dashing to said shelf.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.